Serious TLC needed on the West Coast of US - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Serious TLC needed on the West Coast of US

Hi me again with more questions and advice needed

Trip is progressing nicely however the km are starting to mount up so the bike is need of some serious TLC. Currently I have 19,500 km on the clock of which 16,000 on this trip alone apart from a couple oil changes and tyre changes nothing has been done on the bike so I am looking for recomendations of dealers on the North West Coast of US who can do the
6,000km
12,000km
18,000km
Service Combined into one and also need to think about new set of tyres as the ones I am on a near there end only done 9,000km on these but on some rough old roads.
How long should chain and sprockets last as mine seem to be holding up well but would it be wise to change this earlier rather than later as I know a chain can go off overnight and finally brake pads how long should they last if I got the wheel of might as well change them or is this being to prudent.

So in short looking for a dealer willing to do this work probably at short notices but willing to hang around so a nice location additional bonus

Thanks in advance and if have not seen already a link to my blog on my trip for those who are interested
Phillys Big Trip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Depends on where you are in the northwest, but two come to mind. Aurora Suzuki in Seattle, and Fun Country Powersports in The Dalles, Oregon. I'm sure both would treat you well; I've had recent experience with Fun Country, and they are absolutely great.

Good luck.

Rob

Ride every day, it's good for you.
07 650A | KLR250(x2) | KLR650 | DRZ400 | FJR
post #3 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Call me

Dean, I have emailed you my contact details

Cheers,

DJB

post #4 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enumclaw View Post
Depends on where you are in the northwest, but two come to mind. Aurora Suzuki in Seattle, and Fun Country Powersports in The Dalles, Oregon. I'm sure both would treat you well; I've had recent experience with Fun Country, and they are absolutely great.

Good luck.
These are the two I'd recommend, too. We might be getting our second '12 at Aurora tomorrow.

Trent Hill
Seattle, Washington
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 6 Old 07-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Figure something like 30,000 km or longer if the chain has been properly lubed.

You can look at the pads and see the thickness of the friction material. You're good down to about 2 mm.

"Older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious will bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every period of their lives.

"Let each of use properly whatever strengths he has and strive to use them well. If he does this, he will never find himself lacking."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
44 B.C.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-28-2012, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the feedback guys ended up going to Aurora Suzuki in Seattle and they treated me like a king. Excellent customer service they where able to fit me in pretty rapidly and they did an exhaustive service including the valves 2 new Bridgestone TW's and the bike is looking cleaner than it ever has been. So thanks for the recommendation and big thank to Darrell and the boys at Aurora for looking after me such a long way from home they even gave me a lift to the hostel I was staying in so hats off to them much appreciated. Bike is running like a dream so need to worry about her for a couple of weeks when I probably have to start this whole debate again as I start looking for another dealer somewhere else in the US but appreciating the feedback and comments and offers of help I am getting on this forum making my journey a lot easier :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode