Cure for 4800 rpm crash bar vibrations - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Cure for 4800 rpm crash bar vibrations

I recently installed the Crashbar (crossbar) Highway Pegs, as sold by Dan Vesel, on my 2012 Wee. Lousy cell-phone pic below, which I hopefully loaded correctly:

iphonepix084.jpg picture by bimguff - Photobucket

In addition to being a nice looking and well built doodad that lets me extend my legs, the added weight appears to dampen the vibrations that come from the adventure model's OEM crashbars. I won't claim it's 100% gone. There is still a hint of vibration, but I do not notice it, and it does not blur my mirrors.

Purchasing the piece from Dan's website was a snap, and his customer service, attitude, and shipping speed were all excellent. I learned about his site from this forum, but here's his URL again:

My V-Strom Accessories and Motorcycle Memories

Initially I had planned on maybe replacing the OEM crashbars with the Motech ones, which bolt to the chassis in a different spot and apparently don't pick up engine vibes, but this highway peg bar seems to have solved the problem.

Cheers,

Bigmuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Stromthusiast!

same thing happeded to me when I installed Yann's skidplate, the vibes were drastically reduced!

2012 DL650 Adventure
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Stromthusiast!

Yes, indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydrift View Post
same thing happeded to me when I installed Yann's skidplate, the vibes were drastically reduced!
Experience shows that it doesn't take much effort to dampen/eliminate the vibration on the OEM bars. We've been through this ad nauseum in another thread here, and with a bit of rubber and a foam wrapper I'm able to cruise at all RPMs in the 4000-5000 range. Another guy used a heavy wire.

"The rise in popularity of reality shows has brought people to live experiences second-hand in a context that involves no adventure, no danger... Whereas the road takes you out into the world."
- Walter Salles, about On the Road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
highway bars , vibration

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode