Problem with Coocase - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Problem with Coocase

I was having a problem with my Coocase. The alarm, lights, open-close feature would only work if I pushed down on the lid. I removed the case and popped out the connector assembly on the bottom of the case. I found that two of the three connectors were no longer soldered to their respective brass connectors--just barely touching the connectors. I soldered the wires back to the connectors, and now all functions have returned. I thought if you notice your Coocase lights, alarms, or other features not working, you might want to check the connectors on the bottom of the case.

Last edited by Oldandslower; 07-03-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Stromthusiast!

Now all I have to do is hook mine up and wait for it to stop working.

Clarksville, TN
Blue DL650K7~ sold
Orange DL650AL2

I like my brain. My brain likes helmets. I wear a helmet.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Would you still buy the Coocase, knowing this now? (I don't have a problem with a little soldering, though.) I guess I'll remain in wait-and-see mode for a nice top case suitable for the ADV model, otherwise.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTRice View Post
Would you still buy the Coocase, knowing this now? (I don't have a problem with a little soldering, though.) I guess I'll remain in wait-and-see mode for a nice top case suitable for the ADV model, otherwise.
Yes, I really like the case. It works as advertised and is just the right size for me. I did a Google search for this problem and found other's had the same fix.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

My experience with my new CooCase is the same. Twice I noticed the lock/unlock wouldn't work. I had to resolder the wires for that connection ( second time I thought I did a better job....) and on the trip to WV recently my son said the tailight in the case started blinking.....

When I got back all three wires were broken off at the copper slide connectors in the base. I cut the factory wires and added some wire to those to make it easier to work on. I carefully cleaned and soldered everything again. If it happens again I'll resolder it and pack it with silicone to keep it from moving around.

Definately not a "robust" design.....

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #6 of 9 Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

While on trip to Maine NH VT MA oh and Canada,..today all in 16 hours true story it was great, I notices my top case works when it wants too and now just won't do anything lights or alarm or lock unlock with remote. Glad u posted this I will check the box under top case or box inside top case under liner ? Thx.

~~~>Jay<~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 9 Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

If you should have this problem email us with a picture of the broken connector and a proof of purchase. Your name and address should be plenty if you purchased it directly from Twisted Throttle. We will happily send you out a replacement connector.

We also sell a Base plate wiring harness if you should need to replace that one as well.

Kevin
post #8 of 9 Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Thanks for the information Kevin. Do you know if there has been an improvement in the design?

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #9 of 9 Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
Thanks for the information Kevin. Do you know if there has been an improvement in the design?
Not too sure at this point but If I hear anything I will be certain to post it here.

Kev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
electrical connector , top case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode