Givi Tankbag backordered x 4 from Twisted Throttle - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Angry Givi Tankbag backordered x 4 from Twisted Throttle

I ordered: Givi T491 Givi Tankbag (T491 - Easy Lock) and a tank ring from Twisted Throttle on April 9. I have received now 4 different dates of delivery, the latest being July 9. Not sure why they keep offering a new "expected delivery date" but I haven't found the bag anywhere else. Apparently the delay is on the GIVI (Italy) end of things. I tried to post in the Vendor Experience forum but I can't until I have 20 posts or pay $20??

So, First, don't expect this product anytime soon. Secondly, can anyone suggest another tank ring mounted tank bag to fit a 2012 DL650? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

Maybe a Wolfman Ranier?

I got a fresh update today from TT of July 16th on my order of a Givi T-491 from April.

I called and to be honest I don't think they know when they are getting them. He told me they had two on order, so yours must be the other. Anyways, I decided to withdraw my order and I will send them back the tank lock adapter. I'll still wait for the SW-Motech centerstand though.

I really wanted one of these, but am quite tired of the waiting and inaccurate updates. I'm thinking of going with a Wolfman Ranier, seems like everyone that has one is very pleased with them. I'll just have to find something to protect the paint from the straps.

Ray
post #3 of 14 Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Givi stuff seems to be in short supply. I had a Givi Airflow windshield on order with Comp Acc and it was a few weeks when I gave up and asked for a refund.

I now have some Givi crash bars on order from TT and it's been about two weeks and the latest date for them was later next week and then I just got word that they shipped! Yeehaw!

So, I don't think it's TT that's to blame, but erratic supplies from Givi.

'12 DL650A VStrom

post #4 of 14 Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Stromthusiast!

I wonder if the delays have anything to do with the Italy and Euro Zone financial troubles?

2014 BMW R1200GS "Heidi"
2016 KTM 500 EXC Six Days "Kate"
post #5 of 14 Old 06-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

I bought my Givi tanklock bag a few months ago, only took a couple of days to arrive.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Cancel your order and try Amazon. That is where I got mine.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Stromthusiast!

I saw this thread a bit late. I'd really like a T491 as well. Ordered one from TT this week and it's now backordered. The BF01 ring and other items I ordered were shipped out. Now, after finding this thread, I'm concerned that I may not receive my bag any time soon. Drgas, did you ever receive yours?
post #8 of 14 Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM

I ordered GIVI crash bars from AdventureMotoStuff and it took 2 months to get them. I guess that they were back ordered. I was at first ticked at AdventureMoto but I guess that it is GIVI's problem.
post #9 of 14 Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

I settled for a T480 from a vendor on Amazon who claims to have them in stock. Once I get shipping confirmation, I'll cancel the T491 from TT.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

My impression is that the US importer of Givi sucks. Lots of great products don't show up here for a year after they're widely available in Europe and some of them never at all. They seem to simply not want to hold much inventory, if any, so they limit product selection and also keep very little inventory on hand. From a financial perspective I kind of get where they're coming from, but as an importer that's what you're supposedly getting paid for.

I've had better luck with Sporttour and Revzilla than TT for Givi items. Givi competes with items that TT imports themselves, so you can't blame them for not making the Givi products it a priority.

I've got a good friend in Geneva who comes out this way frequently. I've had him order a couple of Givi items for me when the US importer seems to not want to be bothered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
givi t491 , tank bag , twisted throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode