nice ride north of San Francisco - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

nice ride north of San Francisco

Just got to my first service done. Time for a longer ride. Went north along RT1 over the Golden Gate bridge. Had a blast.

I posted more details over in the trip report section if you're interested.

North of Point Reyes they let cattle graze all over the place. A good bit to slow down through....

The bike is such a baby at just 1440 miles. It handled everything so well. It took the hills in stride and easily kept up with my riding partner's BMW 1200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Stromthusiast!

Excellent!

Love that coast!! Don't forget to go down the back of Yosemite some time...

Question regarding the "waiting in traffic" photo (which is minutes from my former home in Mill Valley): do you really have to wait in traffic? Personal choice? Law? Here in France, waiting in traffic when you're on a bike is simply not done. It's one area where I don't hesitate to follow the local tradition!

"The rise in popularity of reality shows has brought people to live experiences second-hand in a context that involves no adventure, no danger... Whereas the road takes you out into the world."
- Walter Salles, about On the Road

Last edited by mojo34; 06-18-2012 at 07:44 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo34 View Post
LQuestion regarding the "waiting in traffic" photo (which is minutes from my former home in Mill Valley): do you really have to wait in traffic? Personal choice? Law? Here in France, waiting in traffic when you're on a bike is simply not done. It's one area where I don't hesitate to follow the local tradition!

Yeah it boils down to a choice we made. That stretch is skinny and curvy. When we did pass it was in the few straight spots.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just checkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbiren View Post
Yeah it boils down to a choice we made. That stretch is skinny and curvy. When we did pass it was in the few straight spots.
Thanks. In any case, I'm just jealous and would like to be riding there too.

"The rise in popularity of reality shows has brought people to live experiences second-hand in a context that involves no adventure, no danger... Whereas the road takes you out into the world."
- Walter Salles, about On the Road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode