Tyres and Service in Canada - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Tyres and Service in Canada

dear fellow v-stromer,

I have just embarked on a long motorcycle trip starting im Halfiax NS and the plan is to drive to Alaska to begin with for those interested here is a link to a blog I am keeping Phillys Big Trip

I am going to need a service and new tyres and I think this will be in the Alberta or yukon region so my question is can anyone recomend a good dealer who can do a 6000-12000km service and set of reasonably priced tyres or would this be cheaper in Alaska US? so any ideas or thoughts and or recomendations please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean10 View Post
dear fellow v-stromer,

I have just embarked on a long motorcycle trip starting im Halfiax NS and the plan is to drive to Alaska to begin with for those interested here is a link to a blog I am keeping Phillys Big Trip

I am going to need a service and new tyres and I think this will be in the Alberta or yukon region so my question is can anyone recomend a good dealer who can do a 6000-12000km service and set of reasonably priced tyres or would this be cheaper in Alaska US? so any ideas or thoughts and or recomendations please let me know
I can't help you w/a dealer, but I am quite happy w/my tyres from Mitas tires at mx1 Canada.

Details are posted in this thread:
https://www.stromtrooper.com/suspensi...sugestion.html

I am sure they would ship ahead to a dealer and you could get your service done and tyres mounted at once.

If you end up with questions enroute from Colombia to Chile feel free to ask.

[SIZE="1"]Trips:
Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
Peruvian Andes (3 months)
N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months)
Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)[/SIZE]
post #3 of 18 Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswave View Post
I can't help you w/a dealer, but I am quite happy w/my tyres from Mitas tires at mx1 Canada.

Details are posted in this thread:
https://www.stromtrooper.com/suspensi...sugestion.html

I am sure they would ship ahead to a dealer and you could get your service done and tyres mounted at once.

If you end up with questions enroute from Colombia to Chile feel free to ask.
I dont know what idea you have of Canada, but he wont go 8000 km across the country off road...and we have alsphalt here...

post #4 of 18 Old 06-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean10 View Post
dear fellow v-stromer,

I just picked up a set of Heidenau's in Calgary. Try GW Cycle they seem very honest. Regards, Dave.
post #5 of 18 Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortp View Post
I dont know what idea you have of Canada, but he wont go 8000 km across the country off road...and we have alsphalt here...
He asked about where to get a tyre in N BC or the Yukon, not what tyre to to cross the nation on. I'd take the e-07's, I explore a lot of gravel & I don't press my luck on the Tarmac.

OTH, you are right, if he never veers from the Alcan and takes I-5 and the pan am south, the Mitas tyres are not a good choice

My idea of Canada is limited to the interior BC, W Alberta the Southern Yukon, SW BC (n to whislter) & Vacouver Island.

It has awesome whitewater & skiing, old growth forest, high alpine glacier, rain forest and endless stands of fir. It has countless miles of dirt road to be explored and many very nice paved highways. Much like the USA.

The e-07's are what I'd shoe up in N BC were it me, but he could obviously roll on Anakees or whatever.

[SIZE="1"]Trips:
Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
Peruvian Andes (3 months)
N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months)
Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)[/SIZE]
post #6 of 18 Old 06-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Stromthusiast!

What's he doing with Grey Wolfs bike

Does Grey Wolf know you took his bike? just because you changed the luggage to Trax does not fool us.

Looks like you have almost identical yellow to GW's bike.

If you pass through Vancouver BC PM me if you need anything.

Cheers.

DJB
post #7 of 18 Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the interesting responses some useful info to be gleaned from the above. Kiwi Canuck I know it may be blasphemous to say anything about grey wolf on this forum but I painted mine first so I guess he must of got the yellow idea from me:jaw drop: and thanks for your kind offer of any help will keep that in mind when I am passing through BC not sure when that will be as Canada is turning out to be larger than I anticipated.
post #8 of 18 Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

We are happy to help out a fellow Strommer. Just let us know what you need and we will do our best to point you in the right direction no matter where you are in the country.

We interrupt this marriage to bring you the riding season.

2012 Wee - Fox Orange (Gord)
2011 Wee - Black (The Black Heathen) - Traded in
K7 Wee - Silver (Thunder) - Sold
post #9 of 18 Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyguy View Post
I just picked up a set of Heidenau's in Calgary. Try GW Cycle they seem very honest. Regards, Dave.
Bought my bike at GW Cycle World. They give little flash and fancy when it comes to their store compared to some (like Blackfoot "megastore style"), but they have lots of selection and good prices. Family run business.

Recommended.

2012 DL650 EXP

Designed for outdoor use
post #10 of 18 Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

British Columbia

If you need any assistance when passing through B.C. I would be glad to help out, or just to have a coffee. I'm located in the South Surrey area of B.C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode