Orange Striping - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Orange Striping

Hey Guys,
I've searched the forums about information on the Orange Striping some have and what the closest match would be to Fox Orange. Below are the links I've seen people post or that have come up in Google searches:

Striping:
2" by 4" Reflective Auto Pinstriping

Reflective Vinyl Striping and Pinstriping Rolls

Tapeworks Rimstripes Homepage

SPEEDMETAL Parts & Accessories - 5MM Wheel Stripe - Cycle Gear

SPEEDMETAL Parts & Accessories - 7MM Wheel Stripe With Applicator - Cycle Gear

Vehicleartz 6.5mm to 9.5mm reflective pre-curved stripes (thanks to JB1950)

Paint:
Suzuki YUK Metallic Fox Orange - ColorRite

I have two questions. Firstly, are there more sites/places that have a better match? Secondly, what is the closest match you've come across so far?

Last edited by Dominik78; 06-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Have you tried looking at different automotive stores for colored tape? I got White 2 size tape for my beemer at Auto Zone, Looks like factory if you have a steady hand.
Various stores my have different stock. Happy hunting.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Stromthusiast!

Orange striping

I have found red at a few dealerships, but haven't seen any orange.

Steve

post #4 of 16 Old 06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just ordered the 5mm from Cyclegear, thanks.

2012 DL650A
Tusk 1' Risers
Catz Gold Iridium Bulbs
post #5 of 16 Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

I finally got around to putting my orange stripes on. I got the 1/4 wheel piece type from:

Vehicleartz - Vehicleartz

--ordered through Amazon.com. I must say, they look pretty good - and went on surprisingly easily. I did the "wet" application, which the instructions recommend for newbies. It helps to have a paddock stand or center stand.

I will keep you posted as to how well they wear, and if they stay on... also, I somehow got the wheel sized switched, so the longer ones ended up on the back, and vice versa, although it worked out okay because they give you one extra 1/4 stripe per wheel. I ride year round and in the dark so I got the reflective type. I have not seen them in the dark yet, but they seem pretty bright...

--John
post #6 of 16 Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

I finally got around to putting my orange stripes on. I got the 1/4 wheel piece type from:

--ordered through Amazon.com. I must say, they look pretty good - and went on surprisingly easily. I did the "wet" application, which the instructions recommend for newbies. It helps to have a paddock stand or center stand.

I will keep you posted as to how well they wear, and if they stay on... also, I somehow got the wheel sized switched, so the longer ones ended up on the back, and vice versa, although it worked out okay because they give you one extra 1/4 stripe per wheel. I ride year round and in the dark so I got the reflective type. I have not seen them in the dark yet, but they seem pretty bright...

--John
post #7 of 16 Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Just ordered the 5mm from Cyclegear, thanks.
I have the orange 5mm Speedmetal from Cycle Gear as well. The orange is a bit more "orange" than the burnt orange of our bikes, but I doubt any brand would be that type of orange. I hope you got it with the tool, it makes it a lot easier to apply in fairly straight line, relative to the curve of the wheel.

Don't waste any of the tape, I muffed a couple of inches and almost didn't have enough to finish.

It definitely stands out on the black rims.

'12 DL650A VStrom
post #8 of 16 Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Rim tape with Flash effect!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06112011 002.jpg (92.1 KB, 46 views)

[B]2012 Vstrom 650[/B]
post #9 of 16 Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked steve View Post
I have the orange 5mm Speedmetal from Cycle Gear as well. The orange is a bit more "orange" than the burnt orange of our bikes, but I doubt any brand would be that type of orange. I hope you got it with the tool, it makes it a lot easier to apply in fairly straight line, relative to the curve of the wheel.

Don't waste any of the tape, I muffed a couple of inches and almost didn't have enough to finish.

It definitely stands out on the black rims.

Damn that looks sweet, can't wait to get it installed. My buddy owns the bike shop here so he's going to install for me (has the tool). I was going to ask you how much I need to buy but it sounds like 1 package is enough as long as you don't fudge it, correct?

2012 DL650A
Tusk 1' Risers
Catz Gold Iridium Bulbs
post #10 of 16 Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1950 View Post

--John
That actually looks like a nice option, being pre-curved and all. Any chance we get to see some pictues?
I'll edit the first post to include your find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode