Versatility. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Smile Versatility.

I think the 2012 DL650 could be and probably is one of the best bikes made.I previosly had a 2008 Wee but this new model has and does everything so much better.If i wanted to change bikes it would be a difficult choice what to go for next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

this new model has and does everything so much better

Oh, yeah? Where's the self canceling turn indicators? And the electric windshield?
So much is missing .....:biggrinjester:
post #3 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Everything under the sun

When I was looking at the V-Strom, everyone said "If you choose the Suzuki, it's an intellectual choice [based on decent mileage, comfort, versatility, utility, and previously less-than-ideal looks]... it's not a passionate choice." But clearly the bike has always had great qualities, and now it just has more of them, including great looks. I tried every other bike I could over a period of 2 months. The V-Strom was the first and the last bike I tried. When I tried it after all the others, I made my choice for the Strom (honestly, I was very tempted by the Tiger 800), and it's pretty much everything I expected and need from a bike. AND summer's on it's way!!!

"The rise in popularity of reality shows has brought people to live experiences second-hand in a context that involves no adventure, no danger... Whereas the road takes you out into the world."
- Walter Salles, about On the Road

post #4 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 PM

I've had too many bikes to count. I will say that the Strom is a great choice that in my mind requires very little sacrifice or compromise. My most recent adventure bike was a 2011 BMW R1200GSA and I own a 2002 BMW K1200LT. My Wee is less and MORE at the same time. I like it better than any bike in recent memory.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Stromthusiast!

Me too. However, every bike I've ever owned, was the best bike I ever owned, when I owned it. They just keep making them better and better.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

I agree completely, bikes have become very reliable machines and the choices available means you do not have to settle.

The new Vstrom started as a cautious like and I have grown more fond of it as I put on the miles. I think this is the beginning of another great relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
Me too. However, every bike I've ever owned, was the best bike I ever owned, when I owned it. They just keep making them better and better.

Clarksville, TN
Blue DL650K7~ sold
Orange DL650AL2

I like my brain. My brain likes helmets. I wear a helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode