Can't find one!!!! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Can't find one!!!!

Well this sucks! Finally made up my mind that the 650 Vstrom is the bike I want, but now they are nowhere to be found (at least, not in Texas). Even got a dealer to accept a very good bid from me, but they cannot locate a standard version anywhere.

There seems to be a few of the Adventure models around, but I don't really care for saddlebags, ect. and certainly don't think they are worth an extra $2K. They are telling me they are only allocated so many bikes, and after that, I'm just out of luck. Pretty lousy sales manuver by Suzuki! Sold out before June?!!

Sure seems they would want to make another batch if they are selling that well.

"The Night Rydah.. remember him, when you look at the night sky" - Toecutter
Rob
2006 XR650R - Plated[B][/B]
2012 650 Vstom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

The old A J Foyt Dealer north of Houston on 45 ( now called mancuso powersports north (?) ) was supposed to have a standard in stock last Tuesday. Picked up my permanent plates there Tuesday and a guy was there to look at it............

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #3 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah View Post
Well this sucks! Finally made up my mind that the 650 Vstrom is the bike I want, but now they are nowhere to be found ...

... but I don't really want an Adventure.

Pretty lousy sales manuver by Suzuki! Sold out before June?!!

Sure seems they would want to make another batch if they are selling that well.
There are more coming for sure from what I understand. More & more dealers are starting to say very soon as well. 0% financing has been extended again.

I know of a smokin' deal on one in GA. If you are interested, PM me.

You may want to try cycle trader as a means for locating one close by. These are w/in 400 miles.

Cycletrader.com -- Stroms near Houston

Yes, it is very bad for Suzuki's sales to not be able to meet demand on the new vStrom. Apparently, Canada has bunches.

Hang in there, I was looking all over 4 several states and getting frustrated. I was about to head to GA to get one, but then I managed to find an awesome deal just 400miles away! There are some around, it just takes a fair bit of leg work to find em.

good luck

[SIZE="1"]Trips:
Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
Peruvian Andes (3 months)
N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months)
Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)[/SIZE]

Last edited by glasswave; 06-01-2012 at 06:01 PM.

post #4 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Garage
If you're willing to make a road trip, Cycle Center in Denton (north of Dallas/Ft Worth) had a couple when I picked up my plates last weekend.
post #5 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Nope, neither Mancuso, nor Cycle Center have any. Those listed on Cycle Trader aren't true either; I checked a few. Even had a salesman check on Suzuki's dealer network.. nada! Suzuki is shooting themselves in the foot on this one, and will be loosing a lot of sales because of it. Wish that new Honda would hurry up and get here...

Rob
2012 650 Vstom
post #6 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Picked up mine yesterday in OKC . Last regular model. Dont help you much
post #7 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah View Post
Wish that new Honda would hurry up and get here...
What new Honda? Not the NC700X? You don't want one of those. They only have 46 hp or something.
post #8 of 30 Old 06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

Cool

Keep yer pants on, one will show up. Just keep at it. Dude just got one for $7k used with 36 miles on it.

2012 Suzuki DL650AL2, over 45k miles already!
post #9 of 30 Old 06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Stromthusiast!

I found that searching on the internet was the worst way to find a v-strom. Every cycle trader listing proved to be false, while a call to a store that didn't show having one in stock often proved to be false as well. I was set to drive 100 miles to buy an ADV at full retail when I found one sitting at a dealership I didn't know about less then 20 miles away for much less.

It shouldn't be surprising to learn that motorcycle dealerships aren't staffed with the most IT savvy folks. Your best bet is to just stick to phone calls. Your only question should be "Do you have X in stock or in your warehouse?"

If the answer is no, move on. I didn't find a single dealer that would actually call back when promised, nor have I found a dealer that had any idea what stock they were getting anytime in the future.

Your mileage may vary.

EDIT: Also, I spoke with two different dealerships that claimed they had a base model 2012 DL650 in black and that it wasn't an Adventure model...so even when they've got something, they don't always know what it is.

2012 Suzuki DL650A - "Sherpa" - Tusk 30mm risers, Trailwings front and rear, Barkbuster Storm, Bestem 929 topbox with LEDs and liner, everything else stock.

Daily commuter when weather permits, 25k miles and counting.

Last edited by Barnesie; 06-02-2012 at 08:21 AM.
post #10 of 30 Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Keep yer pants on, one will show up. Just keep at it. Dude just got one for $7k used with 36 miles on it.
Not sure what you're into, but I'm not into dropping my pants. That "Dude" got lucky and found one that was returned; not a typical occurance. I'm expanding my search to other states, as I will be passing through IL, IN, MO, AR, OK next week. I've sent out requests to several dealerships along my route, so we'll see. Problem though, is if they are that scarce, negotiations might be nill. I'll keep at it.

Rob
2012 650 Vstom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode