Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wasatch Mnts, Utah
Hooray for me! New, well almost new, 2012!!!
Just got back to Salt Lake from Boise late last night with my (almost new) 2012 strom!
I have been searching high & low for a decent deal on a 2012 standard. Everything out here in the west was $8299 plus a myriad of extra charges. There were none at any dealer in UT, NV, WY & MT and I had only found one in far North ID. I had just about resigned myself to heading out to GA to pick one up at a decent price, when, in a stroke of luck, I called the dealer (Carl's Cycle) in Boise. They had just gotten a 2012 back on a trade. How used? Only 36 miles & in factory showroom condition!
Now here comes the best part...
That's gotta be the deal of the century.
I am so stoked! It even came with a full tank! I took it for a warm up ride today. It's going to be a great bike. Soooooo smooth, all the way from 3500 to 9000 rpm hardly any discernible difference in the powerband!
Sorry to be such a braggart, but I am just so psyched that I can't help myself.
Thanks to everyone for all the great advice I have received on this board.
• Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
• Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
• Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months)
• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)[/SIZE]
Last edited by glasswave; 06-01-2012 at 03:15 AM.