Jesse bags on 2012 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-25-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Jesse bags on 2012

The jesse bags I ordered finally came in.

Here's a pic of the left side.

P5260121.JPG

Right side

P5260124.JPG

Rear

P5260123.JPG

It all went together pretty well. The directions on their website are for the previous year models and there are a couple of additional pieces with the 2012. It wasn't hard to figure out where they went.

There were only a couple of small issues I had to deal with.

On the lower crossover bar that holds the license plate bracket I had to drill the holes slightly lower than the origianal ones in the fender in order for the bar not to be in contact with the muffler.

P5260125.JPG

The bolt for the left forward bracket under the passenger grab rail had to be dremeled a little shorter so it wouldn't make contact with the paint.

P5260126.JPG

All in alll I'm very happy with them, they are very solid. Iwas kind of hoping they would be the bags that angle in at the bottom instead of the straight bags as I think they look a little better, but they said they had to design them with the straight bags due to the size and placement of the muffler.

Right after I ordered them (about 6 weeks ago) they arrived and I was somewhat surprised. It turns out they sent me the brackets for the older model, which doesn't even come close to fitting this model. I called and they appologized profusely saying they were very busy at the time. When the correct brackets and bags came they sent return slips for the older ones. No big deal for me, I was very happy with their customer service. They always responded to emails or called back when I left a message.

Now all I need is my Russel seat, which should be in in a couple of weeks and I'm set for my national park tour this year.

Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Looks like a great setup. Let us know how the Russell works for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode