Rear Luggage bag that matches the side bags on the 2012 DL650 Adventure - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Rear Luggage bag that matches the side bags on the 2012 DL650 Adventure

Is there a Suzuki rear bag that matches the side bags on the 2012 DL650 Adventure?
I am assuming the mounting plate (hardware) that they installed on the tail end is what I will use to attach the rear luggage to. (meaning I dont need to buy another plate to mount the luggage)

Part number and or link to order would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob (newbie to the Vstrom...14th bike since age 8 )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Yes, there is...

I just took delivery of a 2012 DL650 Adventure earlier this month. I inquired with the dealer about a matching top case. They said the top case is available for order and would fit the mounting plate that comes on the adventure model. Even gave me 10% off the price. I have a part number, but will have to edit this post later as I don't have it at the ready. Based on looking around for the same thing, I have not found the matching Suzuki-branded top case anywhere but the dealer.

Last edited by SoInStrom; 05-24-2012 at 12:27 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks. I will check back for the part number. How much did it cost?

post #4 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Canada includes the Suzuki top case in it's EXP model together with the side cases, crash bars, lower cowling, hand guards and laminar windshield. I really like the top case which can easily hold a full face hemet and ride mostly with the top case and drop on the side cases for longer trips. It also provides a secure backrest for passenger. This is identical to the TRAX 38L top case.

2012 DL650/EXP (fox orange)

Last edited by nuke; 05-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

OEM suzuki top rack is back ordered with no commitment to any delivery date for now. called twisted Throttle to follow up on the similar Trax top box, but they said that they are unsure if it fits the Adv model and what rack mount needs to go along with it to fit the ADV model. non ADV model, shouldn't be a problem. so i'm stuck. anyone have ideas for an aluminum top box which works well on the ADV model? Touratech has the zega which is a nice one but with the mount your'e looking at a hefty cost. not willing to go that route for now.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

The top box part number is 990D0-ALTCE-038 $449.95. The US adventure model comes with the top rack and two extra locks for the top box and mount but does not come with installation kit. That should be part number 990D0-11J00-062 $48.95.

I checked with my dealer and the cases are backordered until at least July 1st. I decided to go with a givi e45nj 45 liter top case and a sr3101 fitment rack kit. $239 shipped from sport tour .com and will hold 45 liters. It won't match but they will only be on at the same time on multi day trips and I'd rather save a little money on the purchase.

2012 DL650 ABS Adventure
2016 Beta XTrainer 300
2008 WR250R
2005 R1200GS
1988 K100S
1975 XS650
post #7 of 8 Old 09-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Top case still backordered

I just bought a 2012 Adventure model around the first of September. Ordered a top case, heated grips, & center stand. Everything but the top case arrived in a few days. The aluminum top case is still backordered. My dealer didn't have any info on when they will be available. I wonder how many Suzuki brand top case orders Suzuki has lost because they can't get the top cases from their supplier...
post #8 of 8 Old 09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzo View Post
I just bought a 2012 Adventure model around the first of September. Ordered a top case, heated grips, & center stand. Everything but the top case arrived in a few days. The aluminum top case is still backordered. My dealer didn't have any info on when they will be available. I wonder how many Suzuki brand top case orders Suzuki has lost because they can't get the top cases from their supplier...
I'm sure they have lost a lot of sales. It's unfortunate. Make sure your dealer ordered you the installation kit as well, without it the box won't mount up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode