acropovic question - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-13-2012, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

acropovic question

2012 DL650
I'm wondering if anyone is running just the exhaust with no other mods . Like to know if rideability is hindered and if decel pop is a problem ? Many thanks .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd1659 View Post
2012 DL650
I'm wondering if anyone is running just the exhaust with no other mods . Like to know if rideability is hindered and if decel pop is a problem ? Many thanks .....
I have no other mods, very few decel pops, generally very clean, and sounds fantastic.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thnx, can you tell if power was affected ? Is the sound irritating at highway speeds for long distances ? Thnx , just trying to learn all I can before spending that kinda cash . Also do you have carbon or Ti ? Thnx , Kevni

post #4 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

I've installed many cat-back exhaust and even header back on a lot of my tuner cars growing up and one thing I'm surprised about is how much an exhaust cost for a bike. It cost the same as if you were purchasing for a car which is going to be more materials... Kinda off-topic but just felt like throwing it out there.. If you purchase, please provide a review!

2012 DL650A
Tusk 1' Risers
Catz Gold Iridium Bulbs
post #5 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

Don't want to hijack, but do you happen know how much lighter the Akrapovic is versus stock? I think the weight savings is fairly substantial.

[I]When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.[/I]
- C. P. Snow
post #6 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Thnx, can you tell if power was affected ? Is the sound irritating at highway speeds for long distances ? Thnx , just trying to learn all I can before spending that kinda cash . Also do you have carbon or Ti ? Thnx , Kevni
I wear earplugs, so don't find it too loud.....if I was going on a multi-day road trip, I might consider putting the plug back in, but for regular day rides, I really like the bark of the pipe without the baffle.

No, can't really tell is power was affected, but it's as much psychological......it "sounds" faster, so maybe it is, LOL.

I have the carbon:

Last edited by CHIA; 05-14-2012 at 01:48 PM.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle28 View Post
Don't want to hijack, but do you happen know how much lighter the Akrapovic is versus stock? I think the weight savings is fairly substantial.
Yes, 12lbs over stock, very substantial.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

They are the best looking for sure !!
post #9 of 19 Old 05-22-2012, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Akropovic is on !

Installed my new carbon Akropovic and I can tell ya its Sweet ! The Install went smooth and after removing the db killer the pipe is exactly what I want . This pipe is no louder while cruising than stock pipe but sounds just like you want when you want it !! I let it idle for a bit on first start to allow the FI to adjust and the bike has absolutely no rideability issues ! Yep its a lot of money but it makes the bike way cooler than stock !
post #10 of 19 Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
This pipe is no louder while cruising than stock pipe but sounds just like you want when you want it !!
Well, I will disagree there, it's louder for sure, but if you wear really good ear plugs, it's no issue whatsoever.

If it under load, ie, going up a hill, the noise is more so, but when on level ground, just much deeper than stock.

With the db killer, which I removed right after getting the bike, the sound is quite reasonable everywhere, just enough bark to let people know you mean business, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode