Adventure Top case? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Adventure Top case?

I picked up an Adventure model last week and while I like all the space afforded by side cases, for my needs, I like the single large top case for 95% of my needs. It looks like the Adventure model comes with the base plate for a Suzuki top case but it would need the mounting hardware. Has anyone gotten the matching top case? I would like to see what it looks like, pics? Also, does anyone know the part numbers needed for the complete matching set?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

post #3 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thank you, Sir. That is not an attractive case but it at least matches the other cases already on the bike.

post #4 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

If you need other images, just let me know. The top case comes standard with the Canadian EXP package.

The whole setup is very wide, but in my short time with the bike I am happy with it so far.

2012 DL650 EXP

Designed for outdoor use
post #5 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainpete View Post
If you need other images, just let me know. The top case comes standard with the Canadian EXP package.

The whole setup is very wide, but in my short time with the bike I am happy with it so far.
where to buy one? I can't even find one on the Suzi website......??

2012 DL650 Adventure
post #6 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

All of the details for purchasing a matching OEM top case for the adventure can be found here: https://www.stromtrooper.com/803085-post25.html

2014 BMW R1200GS "Heidi"
2016 KTM 500 EXC Six Days "Kate"
post #7 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishJeff View Post
All of the details for purchasing a matching OEM top case for the adventure can be found here: https://www.stromtrooper.com/803085-post25.html
thanks Jeff !
My Adv. model came with the mounting plate.......but not the spendy box.......

2012 DL650 Adventure

Last edited by bigskydrift; 05-08-2012 at 03:50 PM.
post #8 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Suzuki top case purchased and mounted

I picked up the Suzuki Adventure matching top case this weekend from the dealer, it took about 3 weeks to arrive. The dealer mounted it on the spot for free and off I went. As I accelerated out of the parking lot I noticed a loud low frequency bellowing that appeared to come from the exhaust, increasing in intensity as the rpm's climbed. What the ...?

Apparently, the top case resonates due to chassis vibration or the exhaust, but it really is annoying. I have to do something as the serene cockpit is no more and it is not a pleasant noise. It almost seems to be loudest at the 4800 rpm zone where the crash bars resonate and I get some vibs through the handlebar. I am going to try lining the box with Herculiner an see if that helps. Otherwise I really like the looks and function of the top case, perfect for my needs. My daily commute is much nicer with just a top case for the laptop, lunch and rain gear, leaving the monstrous side cases at home reserved for longer trips.
post #9 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioStrom View Post
I picked up the Suzuki Adventure matching top case this weekend from the dealer, it took about 3 weeks to arrive. The dealer mounted it on the spot for free and off I went. As I accelerated out of the parking lot I noticed a loud low frequency bellowing that appeared to come from the exhaust, increasing in intensity as the rpm's climbed. What the ...?

Apparently, the top case resonates due to chassis vibration or the exhaust, but it really is annoying. I have to do something as the serene cockpit is no more and it is not a pleasant noise. It almost seems to be loudest at the 4800 rpm zone where the crash bars resonate and I get some vibs through the handlebar. I am going to try lining the box with Herculiner an see if that helps. Otherwise I really like the looks and function of the top case, perfect for my needs. My daily commute is much nicer with just a top case for the laptop, lunch and rain gear, leaving the monstrous side cases at home reserved for longer trips.
I have the same noise and have not found a solution...It only happen s with the topcase on I thought it was the latches but nothing I tried seem to help except taking it off....I can touch the case when riding and it goes away. Very annoyin noise...let me know if you come up with a solution......
post #10 of 38 Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Leftovers for dinner?

I had a Givi trunk from the BMW GSA I just sold. I drilled into the plate on the Wee to accept the Givi mounting plate. I never used the trunk for travel, only as a backrest for the wife. THe saddlebags with Trax bag extensions were always enough for as much as 10 day road trips. I hate the look of the bike with the trunk on anyway... But free is free and I had it on hand. Here's what it looks like.

Cheers,
Don

[URL="http://mainuh.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/My-2012-Suzuki-Vstrom-650/"]2012 Wee V2 Adventure[/URL]
[URL="http://mainuh.smugmug.com/Motorcycles"]My motorcycles and Adventures[/URL]

[URL="http://mainuh.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2010-events/Newfoundland/"][/URL]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode