MRA Xcreen - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

MRA Xcreen

Same windshield as Suzuki's touring windshield but about $200 cheaper at Twisted Throttle. Looks a little "different" but I also had a V-Stream on my 1000. Mounting the base is easy, mounting the adjustable wing is a trip, but it's easy to adjust afterwards, no tools, and looks pretty good, and works really well. Cheers--BB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0022.jpg (98.4 KB, 378 views)

2012 Wee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

Couple of questions

Hi BB, thanks for the picture of your bike with the screen. I see you also have the tall seat. Can you estimate how much higher up the air stream is shaped with this shield compared to stock ? Is this any wider then the stock shield ?

I have the tall seat and have been testing the stock shield in the top position over the weekend. I think if this could deflect the air an additional 3-4 inches over the stock shield I would be set. Based on pictures I like the look of this shield versus the givi airflow or madstad with their windshield offering.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks
post #3 of 21 Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Actually the base screen is about the same size, still playing with the angles on the top wing as you can move it out and up/down. I'm getting closer to perfect now, this thing has a lot of adjustment! Mine's mounted in the center holes, I'm 6'6" and could move it to the top holes with no see over the top problems. The tinting is nice, brackets seem to be well-made, instructions suck! And I'm being nice! I think you can buy just the wing and mount it to the stock screen, but you will have to drill 4 holes, that may be a cheaper option, I wanted a tinted screen.Cheers--BB

2012 Wee

post #4 of 21 Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just ordered the X-creen myself, just got off a long ride and the wind noise was incredible, but if I stood up from the seat just 3" or crouched down 3" the noise goes away. Guess thats what the pre 2012 DL owners were complaining about, all that buffiting noise is incredible, and my neck doesent feel so good either.
post #5 of 21 Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Seems a lot of Stromtroopers use the Madstad bracket, am I making a mistake getting this MRA X-creen? Can still cancel the MRA but will have to call first thing in the am.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Stromthusiast!

I put the MRA on my 12 two weeks ago and like it a lot. From Madstad posts it sounds good also, but I didn't want to buy another screen which is suggested with the 12.
post #7 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDude View Post
Seems a lot of Stromtroopers use the Madstad bracket, am I making a mistake getting this MRA X-creen? Can still cancel the MRA but will have to call first thing in the am.
Notwithstanding all of the pro-Madstad riders, it's not for everyone. When I installed it with a stock screen the buffetting was gone, but it felt like I was standing behind a jet engine there was so much wind-blast.

I was, as a few others are, also concerned that in a crash, those brackets looked like a set of blades pointing more or less at my neck and chest.

My Madstad went on to another Stromtrooper who apparently likes it.

I'll be ordering the MRA screen for my 04 shortly.

'04 650, and goshdarnit it's fun - matte silver (#9 in the Silver 'Strom Club)
farewell to an '81 KZ550, '83 GPz750, '83 V45 Sabre, R-Reg GT380, '84 GPz550, early '70s DT175, and a '72 Peugeot 102
post #8 of 21 Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

I took the stock window, used the bottom 2 holes on the bracket with the top 2 holes on the Bike, it works very well, and is completely cost free...
post #9 of 21 Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZDon View Post
Notwithstanding all of the pro-Madstad riders, it's not for everyone. When I installed it with a stock screen the buffetting was gone, but it felt like I was standing behind a jet engine there was so much wind-blast.

I was, as a few others are, also concerned that in a crash, those brackets looked like a set of blades pointing more or less at my neck and chest.

My Madstad went on to another Stromtrooper who apparently likes it.

I'll be ordering the MRA screen for my 04 shortly.
The Madstad seems to be very good at what it does but the way it sticks out, and your right all that metal in front does bother me as well. Think im going to stick with the MRA X-creen, just like the way it forms to the front fairing.
post #10 of 21 Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon51 View Post
I took the stock window, used the bottom 2 holes on the bracket with the top 2 holes on the Bike, it works very well, and is completely cost free...
What? So you have the windshield mounted by only two holes? Can you please take a pic? Not sure that sounds very secure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode