0% Financing & leaving the USA... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

0% Financing & leaving the USA...

If I were to purchase a strom using Suzuki's 0% financing, could I legally leave the country if I maintained insurance on the bike or would I have to stay in the USA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Stromthusiast!

Suzuki financing could not care less what country you go to or even if the bike is insured as long as you make your monthly payment. Nor would they have any way of knowing either.

'09 Wee (sold)
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2006 BMW K1200LT
post #3 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Stromthusiast!

Hmmm....the title paperwork shows the lien holder, and wouldn't the lien holder (American Suzuki Financial Services or maybe Ally Bank) have to give its permission to re-title the bike in another country?

"Older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious will bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every period of their lives.

"Let each of use properly whatever strengths he has and strive to use them well. If he does this, he will never find himself lacking."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
44 B.C.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRider View Post
Hmmm....the title paperwork shows the lien holder, and wouldn't the lien holder (American Suzuki Financial Services or maybe Ally Bank) have to give its permission to re-title the bike in another country?
The 0% goes through Sheffield Credit, they DO NOT require insurance.

It's a little weird, but that's the way that it is on the 2012 that I bought with the 0% financing...

L2V -- she's a stocker!...and gone...
2011 MG Stelvio
post #5 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRider View Post
The OP said nothing about retitling the bike in another country. If that's what he actually plans to do, then I think he will have difficulty. I was interpreting his question as being whether or not he could leave the country, not as to whether or not he could move to another country and retitle the bike there.

'09 Wee (sold)
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2006 BMW K1200LT
post #6 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 AM
$tromtrooper

It depends on the country. Canada, no problem. Mexico is a little more involved.

Rich Desmond
'07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '99 SV650 (race bike), '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350, '08 Ducati 848
post #7 of 8 Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

GE Capital Retail Bank, has my 0% financing, I was surprised, but they never asked of proof of Ins..........TD

2017 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX
2012 V Strom 650 Fox orange
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300, old mans crotch rocket
2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV green
N1ATF
Spot 3
post #8 of 8 Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswave View Post
If I were to purchase a strom using Suzuki's 0% financing, could I legally leave the country if I maintained insurance on the bike or would I have to stay in the USA?
You need to look at the requirements for ???? whichever country you want the bike to enter. Been done lots(not me) on financed bikes to Mexico. If mexico,go to the website for their Temp TVIP permits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode