Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit

I just called Race Tech and asked them about their Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit for 2012 DL650 and they said that they didn't have it yet. I've learned from this forum that this is the best front suspension mod (not that I really need it) but looks like I'll have to wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Contact RICOR. The owner has a 2012 DL650 and likely has made an Intiminator for it. Ricor Shocks :: Motorcycle Suspension :: Inertia Active Suspension :: Ricor Suspension
post #3 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I called them several times but to no avail... I'll try again.
I read that the front and rear suspension on a new 2012 Wee were improved comparing to the old one. But I could never find any info about how it was improved. Do you know what was done?

post #4 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
$tromtrooper

I read that it was more preload in the front, heavier spring and different valving in the rear. I can't cite a source and I saw it only once.

-Tom (DL650AL2) (KA1TOX) (E-I-E-I-O)

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
post #5 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

On this forum I read so much about the rear shock modifications or swaps for a totally different shocks on pre 2012 Wees. If Suzuki put a heavier spring on a new DL650, maybe it's not worth it to improve it?
I have some very limited experience with the Wee.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_max View Post
On this forum I read so much about the rear shock modifications or swaps for a totally different shocks on pre 2012 Wees. If Suzuki put a heavier spring on a new DL650, maybe it's not worth it to improve it?
I have some very limited experience with the Wee.
I put a HyperPro shock on my '07 after destroying the oem on a rough road in New Brunswick. The new shock on the '12 feels pretty good to me so far, but it has not yet been off the pavement.

The new forks feel okay, but I plan to put Ricor valves in them.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
post #7 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I just spoke to the guy from Ricor and he said they did not have any products specific for 2012 DL650. He said though that if the front forks on a new 2012 bike are the same 43 mm as it was on the older one, their Intiminators should fit.

http://store.ricorshocks.com/product...-1001dl650.htm

Last edited by pa_max; 03-07-2012 at 04:59 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 05:36 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
I just spoke to the guy from Ricor and he said they did not have any products specific for 2012 DL650. He said though that if the front forks on a new 2012 bike are the same 43 mm as it was on the older one, their Intiminators should fit.

43 MM Intiminator, fits 2004 and up DL650 V-Strom
There is no reason why the RaceTech or Ricor devices won't work in the new bike.

post #9 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Stromthusiast!

Ride the new bike before you do it.

I had emulators on my K6 because I couldn't live with the stock suspension, the 2012 - good enough on and off road - can't see any need to mess with it.

Now I'm not saying they won't help, they should, but it's whether there's going to be the big & obvious difference that there was on the old model.

Pete
post #10 of 10 Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
I just called Race Tech and asked them about their Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit for 2012 DL650 and they said that they didn't have it yet. I've learned from this forum that this is the best front suspension mod (not that I really need it) but looks like I'll have to wait.

I have been shipping the SV Racing Parts, Race Tech Front Fork Springs and Gold Valve Emulators Package to 2012 DL650 owners and we have been installing them in the 2012 DL650 with no issues at all,

They are the same $255 all in Shipped Free Fork Springs and GVE Package as we have been providing our fellow Stromtroopers for so long on all the other DL650 models and years,

Email me Directly at [email protected] if you are interested in them,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode