OEM size electric grips for '12 650 v-strom - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

OEM size electric grips for '12 650 v-strom

Hello,

I am in the process of buying the new 650 v-strom. I would like to find heated grips that are standard size. I have had aftermarket grips that are like holding a large sasuage in your hands. I would also like to have the ability to vary the heat output.
I appreciate any insight(s) you might offer.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

The Oxford grips I have are standard size and adjustable. I believe I have the "sport" edition.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
+1 on the Oxford grips. I have the Sport design too, and I think the Touring one might feel even slimmer because of the smoother contact area.

2012 DL650 Shiro Nakama #27
Ride Report: https://www.stromtrooper.com/ride-reports-route-sheets/79121-footsteps-lewis-clark.html

post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Has anyone measured or seen published, the outside diameter of the oxford grips? The stock grips are just over 1 inch in diameter. Which for me is too skinny. I've added some foam covers but now they are too fat at 1 7/8 inch. I'd like something closer to 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Grips for sale on line only give the bar size (7/8") and sometimes length in mm (120-125mm) but not the outside diameter of the grip.

Penmaker

04 GL1800A - Traxxion suspension
11 DL650 ABS white - Lowered, Risers, Richland Rick stuff, Sgt seat, Madstad
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penmaker View Post
Has anyone measured or seen published, the outside diameter of the oxford grips? The stock grips are just over 1 inch in diameter. Which for me is too skinny. I've added some foam covers but now they are too fat at 1 7/8 inch. I'd like something closer to 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Grips for sale on line only give the bar size (7/8") and sometimes length in mm (120-125mm) but not the outside diameter of the grip.
Oxford Heaterz Sport 7/8" Heated Grips: BikeSax.com - LockItt.com

According to these guys, the OD of both the sport and tour grips is 34mm, or around 1 3/8", 1 5/16". The sport Oxfords definitely feel thicker than my stock 2012 grips, but only by a small amount. Their density - harder than either the Oxford Tours or the OEM - might contribute to that.

2012 DL650 Shiro Nakama #27
Ride Report: https://www.stromtrooper.com/ride-reports-route-sheets/79121-footsteps-lewis-clark.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
glee , grips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode