2012 recall uk - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-28-2012, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

2012 recall uk

just got a letter this morning from suzuki gb saying my bike needs an "urgent safety recall" [ front brake light switch ] ....so if its urgent why has it taken so long for them to get round to sorting it out in the UK when the recall in the USA has been going on for months now... could it be the fear of getting sued in the states and our lives dont matter as much here ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

Yeah, I just got my recall letter. It is funny how we get it so much later than the US lol.

2012 DL650A

"Riding a motorcycle is very good for your health until it suddenly isn't. It's like having a poison pill in your bottle of Tylenol. You'll run into it one day, and the relief the others gave you probably wasn't worth it at all." K'ale

Last edited by citizen4; 02-28-2012 at 07:28 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 AM

Well it's evidently not portrayed as an important safety recall by Suzuki Wholesale in New Zealand. I received the same letter about 4 weeks ago, explaining that the brake lever could cause a failure in the brake light and not the front brake itself.

I rang the dealer to log the recall, 3 weeks and 1800km ago. They're still waiting for the replacement parts.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode