2012 WEE Strom 650 Alternator output - Page 7 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 63 Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmoe3 View Post
I get the need for a voltmeter - my Aprilia has one and for a while I watched it closely while wearing my heated gear. The meter would show a precipitous drop at a light, and then come right back up when I was again at speed. Just to be on the safe side, I always turn everything off (extras, that is) a couple of blocks before I park, just to help ensure the battery will be in best shape to start when the work day is done.

So, question here -- I get the need for an active voltmeter -- given the 650 -- do you have a recommendation or two for a weather-proof, motorcycle-rider-appropriate meter, and up to where should it be connected (for this mechanincally-inclined-yet-otherwise-lay) ?

I too love this thread. I really admire folks with your skills -- reminds me of touring a battleship or watching a railroad steam engine roll by . . . thank y'all.
The LED indicators are very good, easy to mount and tough/waterproof. You don't really need to know exact volts, just that it's low.
If I run my aux lights at night I can tell I need to run higher rpm with just the LED. Mine is run off the heated grip connector (Oz, I don't need no steenkin heated grips ). Wherever you pick it up, it needs to be switched.

Search ebay for LED voltage indicator. (Not allowed to post links). I think I used the sparkbright one, all very similar.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

post #63 of 63 Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

2012 WEE Strom 650 Alternator output

I like the one from Roadstercycle.com

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alternator , electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode