StromTrooper banner

Mode selector switch for diagnostics

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rick505 
#1 ·
I'm trying to diagnose what's up with my ABS system, as the indicator light's been on for most of the riding season and it's not been functioning.

Sensors appear OK (in place, nothing fouling them) and the ABS fuses are good.

My manual advises getting a mode selector switch to check for fault codes. I checked the normal sources, and they run only $20. But I've never used one of these and don't want to buy one before making sure it'll do what I want.

Anyone used one? And, will this work alone, or does it need to be paired with a computer or other device to determine the codes?

#2 ·
I'm too lazy to look but unless ABS is different than any Dealer Mode stuff, I recall reading multiple threads, or at least messages, about a paperclip type wire in the connector to turn on that mode. Some have installed a simple switch into the connector and had the ability to switch at a moments notice but generally a short wire to enter dealer mode.

#4 ·
I recall reading multiple threads, or at least messages, about a paperclip type wire in the connector to turn on that mode.
I did some YouTube surfing after posting this question and saw something similar on a Dr. V-Strom video; he called it a 'jumper'. If that will work as effectively, I'll save the $20 and find a paperclip.

What year is your 650?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.