StromTrooper banner

Ahhhhh, the "joys" of pre owned Wee owned 2 part question

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Linga 
#1 ·
I'm in need of a few items for the Weeast.

1. Other than Revzilla, J&P, Denny Kirk, do you have a great place to buy parts like the following??

Fork Brace

Better, shorter clutch lever (hate that mine clacks the handguards no matter how much adjusting)

2. What are the MUST REPLACE parts on your Wee, that have made it better overall? I hate my brakes.

Thanks. You all have helped me a TON In less than 2 months!!!!!

#5 ·
I like Twisted Throttle( TwistedThrottle.com ) for the other stuff that Rick does not sell or make. TW seems to always have a tent set up and participate in many of the gatherings around the Smokies, so I support them in turn.

Check out their closeout deals. Once I snagged a set of DL engine guards that had a very minor scuff on them for about 40% off retail.

#6 ·
I like the levers I have from the2wheels.com, though they no longer offer the model I have -- 7-click adjustable (distance from handlebars), foldable, and adjustable length (not an option anymore).

If I did it again, I'd probably get adjustable and short and skip the foldable feature. I don't much see the point in foldable since I have handguard frames to protect the levers.

I think the only must replace item for me is the windscreen (though I have lots of add-on musts). I like the Givi Airflow AF3101. Best price I found, by far, was Motostorm.it. I also ordered Givi TN3101 crash bars at the same time. Grand total of $250 shipped, if I recall correctly. Overseas shipping, so there's the risk of expensive returns if something shows up damaged badly enough to warrant return, but at the time it was just too good a deal to pass up.

#7 ·
I think a fork brace is good. I bought a svr strombrace. Also for my bike, stiff springs front and back.( Because im 6'2" 250). Adv tech peg lowering kit and front fender raising kit, adv motostuff skidplate, sw motech crash bars, Large v stream windscreen, soft seat. Those things I felt were mandatory. Im new to street riding so I also got some blinker genies and flood lights for safety. I hope I did good with my setup.

#9 ·
I'm in need of a few items for the Weeast.

1. Other than Revzilla, J&P, Denny Kirk, do you have a great place to buy parts like the following??

Fork Brace

Better, shorter clutch lever (hate that mine clacks the handguards no matter how much adjusting)

2. What are the MUST REPLACE parts on your Wee, that have made it better overall? I hate my brakes.

Thanks. You all have helped me a TON In less than 2 months!!!!!
I upgraded my 2012 V1000 front brakes from the OE Tokico 2 piston calipers to Nissin 4 piston calipers. The braking was performance improved DRASTICALLY. I recommend the modification.
https://www.svracingparts.com/store/DL1000-Brake-Caliper-Adapter-Brackets-p1632836

Attachments

Reactions: She-Strom
#13 ·
You can look for used farkles to save some green. I was skeptical about the fork brace, found one used and love it. I made my own highway pegs. they are very nice to have. stock brakes on the wee area nothing to write home about. Puny little caliper pistons they got and the cheapest pads the bean counters can find. I had a scooter that had brakes a lot better then my wee had when I got it. before the prior o put the wee up for sale he had the brake pads and all fluids replaced. he put in stock pads and I replaced them with aftermarket pads. some day I may put on different calipers.

Look around for used farkles on c/l and ebay as well as forums such as this and advrider.

I put an air seat cover on my wee and like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.