Ahhhhh, the "joys" of pre owned Wee owned 2 part question - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Ahhhhh, the "joys" of pre owned Wee owned 2 part question

I'm in need of a few items for the Weeast.

1. Other than Revzilla, J&P, Denny Kirk, do you have a great place to buy parts like the following??

Fork Brace

Better, shorter clutch lever (hate that mine clacks the handguards no matter how much adjusting)

2. What are the MUST REPLACE parts on your Wee, that have made it better overall? I hate my brakes.

Thanks. You all have helped me a TON In less than 2 months!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

My Wee really benefited from a fork brake. there will be a storm on brakes. there are more than 1 better brake pads. I will let the storm go without me.
She-Strom likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 08-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Regarding the Fork Brace, we have a forum member here @richlandrick who's company Adventure Tech makes wonderful products for our bikes, including said Fork Brace. (I have one on my '12 Wee & its a wonderful addition)
Regarding brakes, do a search here "Sintered Pads"

'12 Glee, Metallic Fox Orange, '98 DR350, CMA #183680

post #4 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

I also have the adventure tech fork brace and really like it.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 12:05 AM
$tromtrooper

I like Twisted Throttle( TwistedThrottle.com ) for the other stuff that Rick does not sell or make. TW seems to always have a tent set up and participate in many of the gatherings around the Smokies, so I support them in turn.

Check out their closeout deals. Once I snagged a set of DL engine guards that had a very minor scuff on them for about 40% off retail.
Big B and She-Strom like this.

15 DL650XT
"You do your own thing in your own time"
post #6 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 02:07 AM
$tromtrooper

I like the levers I have from the2wheels.com, though they no longer offer the model I have -- 7-click adjustable (distance from handlebars), foldable, and adjustable length (not an option anymore).

If I did it again, I'd probably get adjustable and short and skip the foldable feature. I don't much see the point in foldable since I have handguard frames to protect the levers.

I think the only must replace item for me is the windscreen (though I have lots of add-on musts). I like the Givi Airflow AF3101. Best price I found, by far, was Motostorm.it. I also ordered Givi TN3101 crash bars at the same time. Grand total of $250 shipped, if I recall correctly. Overseas shipping, so there's the risk of expensive returns if something shows up damaged badly enough to warrant return, but at the time it was just too good a deal to pass up.
She-Strom likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 05:03 AM
Stromthusiast!

I think a fork brace is good. I bought a svr strombrace. Also for my bike, stiff springs front and back.( Because im 6'2" 250). Adv tech peg lowering kit and front fender raising kit, adv motostuff skidplate, sw motech crash bars, Large v stream windscreen, soft seat. Those things I felt were mandatory. Im new to street riding so I also got some blinker genies and flood lights for safety. I hope I did good with my setup.
She-Strom likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 09:44 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

The general essentials are a foot peg and control lowering kit to reduce the bend at the knee, a fork brace, and mirror extenders (so you can see more than your shoulders). Check this for taller/shorter riders.
EddieFL, Hmm and She-Strom like this.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 09:46 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Strom View Post
I'm in need of a few items for the Weeast.

1. Other than Revzilla, J&P, Denny Kirk, do you have a great place to buy parts like the following??

Fork Brace

Better, shorter clutch lever (hate that mine clacks the handguards no matter how much adjusting)

2. What are the MUST REPLACE parts on your Wee, that have made it better overall? I hate my brakes.

Thanks. You all have helped me a TON In less than 2 months!!!!!
I upgraded my 2012 V1000 front brakes from the OE Tokico 2 piston calipers to Nissin 4 piston calipers. The braking was performance improved DRASTICALLY. I recommend the modification.
https://www.svracingparts.com/store/...ckets-p1632836
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nissin Caliper 2.jpg (122.2 KB, 14 views)
She-Strom likes this.

"There comes a time in the affairs of men, when we must take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
W. C. Fields
post #10 of 15 Old 08-24-2019, 10:21 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

A new set of stock pads and a fluid change makes the brakes on my 04 Wee seem as good as I would want of brakes.
http://kirbysbrakebleeders.ecrater.com/

The bleeders made the fluid change simple a quick.
She-Strom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode