Please excuse the rookie question - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTF/PTM View Post
I've had my pit bull stands for about 12 years now and they're great, I have front pins for four different bikes at the moment and I still need to pick one up for the DL.

The pin for the DL is #8T, but I found that my older front stand would not roll back far enough around the wheel to allow the pin to line up properly. The customer service rep from Pitbull informed me the front stand was redesigned in 2012 to accomodate the 19" front wheel found on most adv bikes.

I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorsickle. A. Guthrie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoblanco View Post
As others said, a centerstand is very handy. Once you have that, a jack under the engine will lift the front, or a heavy weight on the rear.
If you go with stands, Pitbull brand is very good for quality of build and materials. Others will work, but as with any tool, a high quality one will last decades while a cheap one will not stand up to constant use. According to a customer service rep, the front stand was redesigned in 2012 to accomodate the larger 19" wheel found on most adventure bikes, so be sure you get the right one.
Whatever you decide, be aware those original tires are at least 8 yrs old, and not trustworty for long trips or wet roads.

Not much to track stands really.
Pitbull commands a premium price so must be the best huh?

I paid less than half the Pitbull price for stands. Got a head lift front that works with the 19" wheel too.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
post #23 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
When I was a kid, I would roll my bicycle over onto it's handle bars and banana seat to work on it. Maybe I should try that with my DL650.

post #24 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 08:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newride View Post
When I was a kid, I would roll my bicycle over onto it's handle bars and banana seat to work on it. Maybe I should try that with my DL650.
You will spill the gas....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode