Luggage Key for 2015 650 XT - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Luggage Key for 2015 650 XT

I have 1 key for the luggage set on my 2015 XT 650. I always like to have a 2nd key for everything. I went to a local locksmith shop. He said he didn't have a key but to try the dealer for a blank and he could cut one. Dealer says they cannot get a blank key. In order to get 2 keys they want to sell me a new 6 piece lock set. Anybody know where I can get a blank key or a key number that would fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Talking BOOM

https://www.ebay.com/p/1-Black-Blank...QaAlLBEALw_wcB

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you are not concerned with who gets the credit"- Patrick Griffin
18 wheels move the cargo, 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul -unknown
“Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” - John Muir
I visited the Air & Space Museum- didn't see a thing...
post #3 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

To clarify. I can get a key for the cycle ignition. I need one for the suzuki luggage that came stock on the cycle. The above reference is for an ignition key from what I can see.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I have a 2017 with factory side cases, and all four locks are the same: one key operates both side cases, seat and ignition, plus an additional lock cylinder in case I ever get a Suzuki tail trunk. If your cases have different locks from your ignition, I would try searching Ebay or Google That's all I did to come up with the key in post#2.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you are not concerned with who gets the credit"- Patrick Griffin
18 wheels move the cargo, 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul -unknown
“Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” - John Muir
I visited the Air & Space Museum- didn't see a thing...
post #5 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

I had a local locksmith cut me one and it was brass not aluminum or pot metal.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these tings to other people and I require the same from them."
John Bernard Books The Shoootist
post #6 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

I had the same problem and finally broke down and ordered the 6 lock set from Twisted Throttle. Plus, the one original key I have has been bent and I don't trust it. Got the new set today and will switch out the new for the old in a couple of days. Sucks but no locksmiths for a couple of hundred miles.

Join the NRA

The older I get the better I was.
post #7 of 13 Old 06-12-2019, 12:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

Here is a two piece lock set for the Trax style luggage if that is what you have https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oem...piece-lock-set or here for a different 2 piece and the set of 6 https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oem...re-v_strom_650

13 DL650 Current ride
80 CX500D
77 XS360
78 XS750
76 CB360T
post #8 of 13 Old 06-12-2019, 02:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have a 2014 DL650 with Suzuki side cases. I had to go to a locksmith to get a duplicate ignition key, but I have had the luggage case key duplicated at Home Depot...twice. My original key looked like the one in the links in post #7. The replacement keys look a lot different than the Suzuki original, but they work fine. It was a standard key blank HD had in stock.

Self-medicating two-wheel therapist...

Last edited by jmf552; 06-12-2019 at 02:11 AM.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
The dealer snapped one of the keys off while showing me the bike while the paperwork was going through and ended up ordering me a whole new lock set with new keys. I'd be shocked if some locksmith couldn't make them though, but apparently a whole new set of locks is what the "standard" replacement method is.

Zoom zoom, and what not.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-19-2019, 08:48 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
The key to the adventure side cases is a Yale Y11. Available at any place that does keys.I had to trim the plastic off the original key to get it to fit in the key duplicator that Lowe's had (where I got mine done) and my other original already broke so I made sure to get multiples made. I also ran into several people, upon hearing that it was a motorcycle key, we will not have that. Tell them to stuff it and grab a Yale Y11.

FYI mine is a 2012 650 Adventure

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reverend Unstable Boy
http://www.youtube.com/user/RevUnstableBoy

https://www.facebook.com/RevUnstableBoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode