madstad windscreen, over-the-dash gps mount & auxiliary shelf - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By JorgeLuis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
madstad windscreen, over-the-dash gps mount & auxiliary shelf

Greetings -- i installed the madstad hardware & 22" adventure screen on my 2012+ dl650. I put the adventuretech.biz over-the-dash gps mount in the highest well nut settings, using 3 mm plastic spacers for the top holes instead of the 11 mm spacers provided w/ the adventuretech.biz kit. I put the madstad hardware in the lowest holes, using 3 mm spacers over the well nuts for the upper holes of the madstad hardware; these spacers were not provided with the madstad kit. This configuration limits the Madstad tilt back angle very slightly. This configuration is also more secure than the option to piggyback the Madstad hardware directly on top of the over-the-dash gps mount in the middle well nut settings.

The over-the-dash gps mount is the only way to go. Mounting the gps on the handlebars in the center would block the view of the dashboard and prevent access to switches, etc on the adventure tech auxiliary shelf.

I am 6'2" with 32" inseam and use the tall OEM seat which is why I opted for the 22" madstad screen. The experts here at Stromtrooper recommend the Madstad and also recommend installing the hardware in the lowest well nut settings.

I am delighted that i didn't have to give up my over-the-dash gps mount in order to use the madstad windscreen! Happy trails.
HiJincs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

My 2012 Glee had the Madstad bracket and 18" windshield when I bought it. I installed the Ravetech accessory bar mount with no issues. I have the Ram X mount attached to the Ram ball. Works good, stays out of the way of the instruments and keeps my iPhone (used for Nav.) in my sight line. There is a little bit of vibration but to too bad. The vibration seems to come from the well nuts.

"I am ill equipped in the philosophies of failure"

When I die, show no pity, send my soul to Juggalo City.
Dig my grave six feet deep and put two Sidi's on my feet.
Put some leather over my chest and tell my family I did my best!
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2019, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
The Ravetech bar looks bulkier than the adventuretech.biz gps over-the-dash mount, The ravetech web page shows it mounted in the middle well nuts, same as the advtech gps mounting instructions. I placed the advtech gps mount on the upper well nuts by using 3 mm plastic washers/spacers, etc. happy trails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode