Throttle cable slack after installing risers - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-09-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Throttle cable slack after installing risers

LOL....second post tonight....should be pretty obvious that after getting slammed with snow here for the past two weeks in Central Oregon, I have cabin fever and have been working on some upgrades on the Wee...

I installed a 2" extended front brake in anticipation of then installing some SW-Motech up and back risers (up 30mm, back 21mm). Getting to that junction block where the existing front line pipes into the ABS system was a BEAR (damn big hands) but I stuck with it and things finally went together. Still have to reverse bleed and do a few panic stops to cycle the ABS pump, etc.

Question is...the brake line is fine lock to lock but on left full lock, those throttle cable are reallyyyyy tight. I have the tank off so I couldn't start the bike and do the ol' "turn full lock left and see if your RPMs increase", etc.) Electrical lines from the bars on down seem to be fine.

I have one of Richland Rich's accessory shelves installed and also some Barkbuster Storm hand guards...the kind with the aluminum spine and all the mounting hardware on the bars. (see pic)

I did sit the bike and adjusted the bars to where I think I'll want them...and I'm pretty tall, so I really don't want to mess with dropping the front forks in the tree.

It looks like I can move the throttle cables one hole up and slightly right in that accessory shelf...but other than that, any suggestions on how to build in a little extra slack? I really don't want to mess with any connections at the TB end...how difficult is it to disconnect things at the throttle on the right grip...or am I overthinking things here?

Any insight or pics you fellow inmates have of a similar set-up would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks! And don't forget to move those clocks ahead when you go to bed Saturday night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190309_194142_resized.jpg (278.0 KB, 13 views)

Bendmac/Central Oregon

2013 Wee Adv...

EnduroGuardian bash plate/highway pegs/radiator guard;
AdventureTech LLC peg lowering mounts/mirror extenders/fork brace/shifter relocation kit, 2" extended front brake line;
Saddleman Gel-Channel Tech seat;
Barkbuster Storm hand guards;
Oxford heated grips;
Blue Seas 5025 6 circuit fuse block;
12v weatherproof power port;
Eastern Beaver headlight relay kit;
Cree LED lights;
Signal Dynamics voltage monitor;
Kisan signalMinder
PWD Stebel horn kit;
"Home grown" tool tube;
"Sasquatched" (Adventure Power Sports) rear shock
Madstad bracket and 22" screen
Roadstercycle SH775 R/R upgrade
SW-Motech bar risers
Mr. Ed's Moto custom seat
Superbright LED headlight bulbs and other bulbs converted to LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-10-2019, 12:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Try running the cables on the other side of the triples, works for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1552194955009.jpg (390.0 KB, 16 views)

Darren

2017xt 650 vstrom, yellow.
Ohlins SU216 rear shock, .85 fork springs, cogent DDC, Barret 3/4 exhaust, 20mm rear raising links, ricks fork brace, oxford heated grips, Radguard, Altrider bash plate & engine bars, Steel pony soft panniers and rack, TAG bars, foot peg lowering brackets, gear lever extension, bar end mirrors.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
I have the same shelf on my bike and put 2 Rox risers with +2 brake line as well. I had the same concern about throttle cables being tight but full turns left and right with the bike on an a center stand did not cause any idle changes. You could always roll the bars just a tad forward too and that could make a huge difference. Youll be very happy with the change to the bike for sure. Im 63 and it made things a lot more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode