Happy Trails centerstand - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

2Likes
  • 2 Post By hostler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-08-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Happy Trails centerstand

Added a Happy Trails centerstand today and it's everything people say it is; a bear to install. Took about 1.5 hours due to the upper right bolt(behind the exhaust) and having to do some "field modifications" to the spacers. But all in all it's a well built stand and the price is right so I'm glad I got it. Just gotta hold your mouth right putting it on.

Join the NRA

The older I get the better I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Hi there

Do you have any sort of skid plate on your bike? Mine has an Enduro Guardian skid plate and I'm just wondering if they would try to occupy the same real estate.

Also have raising links for the rear suspension. Would the centerstand still have enough reach?

TIA
Tim
post #3 of 7 Old 03-10-2019, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I don't know about the Enduro but I imagine it will fit. I called HT before ordering and asked about a Givi and Weld86 and they said those would work. Give em a call.

Join the NRA

post #4 of 7 Old 03-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

So, how easy is it to deploy? Can you do it in water shoes of some other light footwear? Have you stuck a camping load on the back and tried it like that?
post #5 of 7 Old 03-11-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I haven't used it loaded with gear but, with the just the bike, it deploys very easily. There's a big "bar" on the left side of the stand that you step on and then roll the bike back with a little upward pressure. The bike pretty much pops up. I jut put it on a few days ago therefore haven't used it much but so far I like it.

Join the NRA

post #6 of 7 Old 03-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the Happy Trails center stand. I've had it for a little over a year of easy use, no problems with it. Fits fine with Weld86 skid plate. I can deploy it with flip flops but it's not real comfortable to do.
notacop and Mulewright like this.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

I've had the HT stand for 6 years. Granted I only ride for a 5-6 month riding season and I only use it for maintenance, but it has held up well. I don't wear flip flops so I can't speak to that, but it is as easy to deploy as any other center stand on any other bike I've owned. I'm pretty sure it has a narrower stance than an OEM stand which to me makes it feel just a bit tippy. I just make sure both legs are square to the ground when using it.

Sp56
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode