seat cover - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By JorgeLuis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-04-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
seat cover

GREETINGS -- uxcell XL Heat Resistant Breathable Motorcycle Seat Saddle 3D Mesh Cover Black. $16 on Amazon.com. Just now tried it on my xt. This is a perfect fit for the 2012 -2016 stock seat. The Ebay sit & fly was way too large, and the other similar XL option on Amazon was also too large. I also have a bead rider which is perfect for my bony ass, but sometimes it irritates my crack. I like the bead rider, but I removed it and will use the uxcell for awhile. both bead rider and uxcell allow me to slip and slide on the seat in order to hang off the side -- according to best practices for the twisties. also, both are air cooled for hot summers in Virginia. Long live GW!
Argus16 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-04-2018, 07:47 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeLuis View Post
GREETINGS -- uxcell XL Heat Resistant Breathable Motorcycle Seat Saddle 3D Mesh Cover Black. $16 on Amazon.com. Just now tried it on my xt. This is a perfect fit for the 2012 -2016 stock seat. The Ebay sit & fly was way too large, and the other similar XL option on Amazon was also too large. I also have a bead rider which is perfect for my bony ass, but sometimes it irritates my crack. I like the bead rider, but I removed it and will use the uxcell for awhile. both bead rider and uxcell allow me to slip and slide on the seat in order to hang off the side -- according to best practices for the twisties. also, both are air cooled for hot summers in Virginia. Long live GW!
If you decide to sell the bead rider let me know, I live within an hour os so from you so we could easily meet or at least shipping would be cheap.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
From the photos on Amazon it appears to be identical to the sit & fly. Perhaps its just a different size, same family as s&f.

Mark

post #4 of 8 Old 11-05-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
I will keep the bead rider for now. But I do have an unused stock seat if you are interested. I have the tall seat. As soon as I get my new chain & sprocket set up...we can meet. I'm in Arlington.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-05-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
yes the photos are similar. same material but different sizes. i'll donate the sit and fly it to the local bike shop. sit & fly in israel gave me a full refund since the size was all wrong. the uxcell XL on amazon is a perfect fit.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thumbs up

I need to get one of these!

On the way!

2012 Suzuki DL650AL2, over 45k miles already!
post #7 of 8 Old 11-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
This is the one I got. Fits the seat perfectly, and I've spent many continuous hours on it. Very comfy.
https://www.amazon.com/MadDog-GearCo...atv+seat+cover

Instructor, Idaho STAR Motorcycle Safety Program
Motorcycle Marshal- US Cycling
Iron Butt SS1000- June, 2019
post #8 of 8 Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Garage
i was looking at this one as well. good to know it is a good fit. i may try it out since it is amazon prime and can be return for free and full refund. i have not had a chance to try out the uxcell on the road since i am out of commission, waiting for a chain and sprocket in the mail. a good seat is priceless for a long trip. the suzuki seat is pretty good, and with a few mods it can be perfected. with the bead rider, it is near perfect, but i thought i'd try the uxcell since that style cover got good reviews in adventure riders &/or vsri at https://www.vstrom.info/ however, ebay sit & fly is too large but the xl uxcell is a perfect fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode