Identify this rack / mount Givi Trekker - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-20-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Identify this rack / mount Givi Trekker

Recently picked up a Givi Outback Trekker top box, but I'm unsure how to go about attaching it. I know I need a monokey adapter but don't want to get the wrong one.

Can somebody help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-26-2018, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

No one knows?!
post #3 of 11 Old 09-26-2018, 06:53 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Looks like Suzuki Original Equipment to me .....
victor stromley likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-27-2018, 04:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

My standard Trekker plate has some threaded tabs sticking up from the plate which the monokey plate then bolts to
post #5 of 11 Old 09-28-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiStrom View Post
Looks like Suzuki Original Equipment to me .....
ขอบคุณครับ
post #6 of 11 Old 09-28-2018, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

ThaiStrom is correct. Idk why it was so difficult to figure out. Multiple searches for "OEM suzuki v Strom rack" came up with nothing, but as soon as I searched "stock Suzuki rack" I was able to find some corroborating evidence.

Now, how do I go about putting the Givi Trekker on here? Get that stupid big plastic plate?
post #7 of 11 Old 09-28-2018, 07:26 PM
$tromtrooper

According to Givi, you have a couple options. (Ignore the SR3101M, which I think only works with Monolock cases, not Monokey.)

• The SR3101 mounting kit includes both a metal base plate -- which attaches directly to the stock rack (not the stock top case plate which already appears to be on your bike...you would remove it first) -- and a plastic adapter plate.
  • The SRA3101 is a single-piece aluminum mounting plate -- no plastic adapter required.

At least, as best I can gather.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-28-2018, 10:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
That is definitely the OEM plate for the top case but you are missing the OEM top case mounting kit. Your OEM side case mounts are kind of involved with the plate so not sure how easy it is to swap out the plate. The OEM top case is awful close to sw-motech trax but I cannot swear they are compatible. I fooled around trying to make the givi outback trekker monokey mount work with the OEM plate but parts started to add up and I could see myself chasing spacers and mounts and plates. I am not that handy so I gave up and found me the cheapest OEM case I could find. The OEM case comes without the locks and the mounting pieces so you need to source those as well. The sw-motech trax locks come in a set of 6 so you can match all boxes to one key and were very easy to install on the OEM cases. The suzuki locks were not so great. The OEM mounting kit has the four little spools and the tab thing to hold the case on and all hardware.

If anybody here has a succinct list of parts needed to use OEM side cases and OEM plate with Givi monokey mount they should make sticky and post pics.

Pic is OEM plate with OEM topcase mounting kit installed. FWIW it has stayed in place nicely for 11000 miles. Bike never leaves pavement other than gravel occasionally. I rarely use the side cases that came with the bike. Whatever you do keep us posted please. KFH000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180928_215049.jpg (235.1 KB, 9 views)
post #9 of 11 Old 09-28-2018, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Okay so I admit I probably could've done a lot more searching around through the forum on my own for this before creating a thread, but I'm on mobile like 95% of the time so...

I'm just putting what I found here so I can come back on it if I have to, and maybe save someone from wasting as much time as I just did.

I thought I could mod the original rack to accept a monokey. Then thought about the rear cut-out and realized I'd have to make a piece and said :|:|:|:| that.
So then I was just about ready to get the SRA3101 (I found it for $78 at Motostorm) but read in this threadthat said
Quote:
the Givi SRA3101 will not work with the factory side cases on the glee. There is a cross brace that gets in the way.
and referenced another thread.

Adventure Tech makes a plate for the notch. Anddddddd I'm going to stop right :|:|:|:|ing here because I just realized the last post in that thread lays all this out pretty much.

Oh, and I had to remove the links I created because my post count is too low so this was especially a waste of time. :|:|:|:| me.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
If you don't mind leaving the case on, drill four holes. Add a hand full of screws, nuts and washers...

What I ride now:
2013 Honda GoldWing (The Lady)
2014 V-strom 650 (The Mistress)
Previously: 07 Ultra Classic, 95 Softail, 80 gs450l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode