Sw-motech centerstand parts - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By wrightpwx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-13-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Sw-motech centerstand parts

Hi,
Ive recently purchased sw-motech centerstand from amazon (which is the seller). The box came with a hole in it with all the hardware in the box with no bag. Can anyone that installed it recently take a look at the picture I took and tell me if all the parts are there?
I tried contacting sw motech germany but they refered me to amazon which did NOT help at all.

Thanks,
Ilan.

https://imgur.com/a/CgGCsjv

My Rides: Suzuki TS50, Honda CB400 Superdream, Yamaha RD350LC, Triumph Tiger 650 (71), MotoGuzzi NTX 650, Ducati 750SS (93), Yamaha XTZ 750 SuperTenere, Vespa 200PX (01), Vespa Sprint 150 (68 ) ... Although ridden, never owned a four cylinder :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

I would check those parts against the instructions to see if everything is there. If you didn't get instructions you can go on-line to see if you can find it or look here:
https://d2k6fukgv6pr2f.cloudfront.ne...64_10000_b.pdf
K9 Wee likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-13-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks! I did not get any instructions.

My Rides: Suzuki TS50, Honda CB400 Superdream, Yamaha RD350LC, Triumph Tiger 650 (71), MotoGuzzi NTX 650, Ducati 750SS (93), Yamaha XTZ 750 SuperTenere, Vespa 200PX (01), Vespa Sprint 150 (68 ) ... Although ridden, never owned a four cylinder :-)

post #4 of 8 Old 08-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Stromthusiast!

You didn't mention which model you have. The link from wrightpwx is for a 1k. Here is a link for my wee.

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001..._strom0310.pdf

Hope this link will work. If not go to revzilla, look up the model and find the instructions.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Stromthusiast!

Sorry, I see that you posted in the 12-16 650 group. That seems to be the correct download from wrightpwx. My mistake.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-22-2018, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem.
I ordered the centerstand, it came with the bits and pieces just in the card board with no bag, box is not tight. Compared the content to the pdf and the stop plate is missing.
I returned it to Amazon requesting a replacement.... and the same story. Just picking up the box, bits came out of it, and again, no stop plate.

Can someone who bought this centerstand confirm there should/nt be a stop plate?

Maybe it's not needed installed on a wee?

Thanks.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-22-2018, 01:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

Center Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan View Post
Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem.
I ordered the centerstand, it came with the bits and pieces just in the card board with no bag, box is not tight. Compared the content to the pdf and the stop plate is missing.
I returned it to Amazon requesting a replacement.... and the same story. Just picking up the box, bits came out of it, and again, no stop plate.

Can someone who bought this centerstand confirm there should/nt be a stop plate?

Maybe it's not needed installed on a wee?

Thanks.
My 2015 ADV did not come with a CS and as a result, there is no stop plate for it to rest against when in the up position. The CS I did buy for mine (Dodge) came with a rubber disc the plugs into a hole...if there was one.
What I did though was to build a stop out of UHMW (Plastic) and secure it to the back side of the CS where it meets the bottom of the suspension link...Instant stop! The plastic acts like a cushion for the vibrations and should never wear out. Just be sure to make the plastic thick enough to keep the CS leg away from the exhaust pipe.

'15 DL650A
post #8 of 8 Old 08-22-2018, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for thc reply, I decided to return it and get the OEM instead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode