Side Case Mount Help! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Side Case Mount Help!

Hi All,

I purchased my 2013 V-Strom about six months ago. I'm finally getting around to doing longer trips with it and I wanted to get a pair of side cases for it.

The bike came with the side case mount in the picture. I believe it's a GIVI mount, but it seems to be missing that Monokey adapter. I'm not sure if it's visible in the picture but there does seem to have the holes for that attachment clamp.

Can you let me know your thoughts, and the best way to fix this.

I was thinking of buying this. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...se-adapter-kit Would this work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.jpg (680.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png motorcycle.png (32.3 KB, 63 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 12:11 PM
$tromtrooper

Yes I think thats what you want. Call and check with those folks. try and identify your racks as to model before you order bags as there are at least a couple different model racks and not all givi bags work with all model racks but I'm not an expert. folks at revzilla or twisted throttle should be able to guide you there. I know of 2 different givi model racks that fit my '13 strom and bags for each aren't interchangable although several different givi bags will fit one of them.

14 tooth for me

Last edited by chicago; 07-20-2018 at 12:14 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I've had little luck identifying my racks. I've chatted with someone at Revzilla and uploaded those pictures, but they weren't able to help. They directed me to GIVI. That might be the way to go.

Does anyone know of a good way to identify the rack model?

post #4 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 01:08 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

While that does look like a typical Givi style mount, I don't recognize how the upper bar is shaped. There are others beside Givi that have adopted that style. Do your racks have the mounting posts at the bottom side area for the luggage to slide onto? I can see the rubber bumpers on the upper part, but lower area in unclear.

I don't know if all the Givi bags have the same distance between these posts or the proper distance from them to the upper mounting post you still have to purchase. You should be able to measure and get an idea about that. My old Givi/Kappa mounts have about 8 7/8" between the lower mounting posts, and about the same distance height from the center of the post to the upper mount center.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #5 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
While that does look like a typical Givi style mount, I don't recognize how the upper bar is shaped. There are others beside Givi that have adopted that style. Do your racks have the mounting posts at the bottom side area for the luggage to slide onto? I can see the rubber bumpers on the upper part, but lower area in unclear.

I don't know if all the Givi bags have the same distance between these posts or the proper distance from them to the upper mounting post you still have to purchase. You should be able to measure and get an idea about that. My old Givi/Kappa mounts have about 8 7/8" between the lower mounting posts, and about the same distance height from the center of the post to the upper mount center.
There are holes in the lower areas of the bar, similar to the ones up top.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 01:17 PM
$tromtrooper

I will post photos of my givi racks which appear similar as soon as I get an issue with photobucket sorted.

14 tooth for me
post #7 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago View Post
I will post photos of my givi racks which appear similar as soon as I get an issue with photobucket sorted.
Chicago, are you actually in Chicago?

If so, then so am I!
post #8 of 8 Old 07-20-2018, 01:31 PM
$tromtrooper

no I'm in CA but have issues with photobucket. if you like pm me your email and I will send a couple photos of my racks which appear the same.

14 tooth for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode