Riser recommendations... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-16-2018, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Riser recommendations...

Hi All,

looking for up and back riser recommendations for a 2015 DL650 without having to extend cables. I've read several threads and it appears that the 2" Rox Risers will work with some rerouting of cables. Looking for explicit confirmations of such on the 12+ DL650.

What about the sw-motech 1"/1" barbacks?

I need to bring the bars back about an inch and up. I've read a lot of good things about the improvement in comfort and driving dynamics.

Two wheelz for realz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-16-2018, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Rox has a barback option that looks interesting:

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/a...ant=1031361713

Curious if anyone has successfully installed 1inch up&back barbacks on the 12+ DL650 without cabling issues?

Two wheelz for realz!
post #3 of 8 Old 06-16-2018, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Also curious if the trick of rerouting the cables to the inside of the triple clamp applies to the 2012+ DL650, as mentioned in the following post:

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-...-risers-5.html

Two wheelz for realz!

post #4 of 8 Old 06-16-2018, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

After 4 hours of reading, researching and comparing, I decided a pair of barbacks was the way to go. Found the Zeta 7/8 barback that brings the bars up 26mm and back 20mm for $53. I'm hoping there is no significant cabling issues. I'll keep you posted.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ndlebar-risers

Two wheelz for realz!
post #5 of 8 Old 06-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfors View Post
Hi All,

looking for up and back riser recommendations for a 2015 DL650 without having to extend cables. I've read several threads and it appears that the 2" Rox Risers will work with some rerouting of cables. Looking for explicit confirmations of such on the 12+ DL650.

What about the sw-motech 1"/1" barbacks?

I need to bring the bars back about an inch and up. I've read a lot of good things about the improvement in comfort and driving dynamics.

I have the sw-motech up and back risers fitted, no longer cables needed, really improved the riding position, I'm 6'1" 32 inch inseam, lowered the pegs an inch too.

2013 SUZUKI DL650 AL2
post #6 of 8 Old 06-18-2018, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc11 View Post
I have the sw-motech up and back risers fitted, no longer cables needed, really improved the riding position, I'm 6'1" 32 inch inseam, lowered the pegs an inch too.
That's great to hear. The SW-Motech barbacks are a little higher, so I should have no issues with the Zetas.

Two wheelz for realz!
post #7 of 8 Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 AM
$tromtrooper

Location: Homeless, just a drifter. Traveling in my RV, towing my Vstrom on a trailer.
Just got done installing 2 inch rox risers. What a difference 2 inches makes. It was a pain though. I had to reroute all cables, break line and some wires. I messed and messed with it, I finally loosened the fork clamp bolts and lowered the forks to reroute the cables. All of this done at a campground. I backed by bike up to a picknic table, tied it down to the legs of the table and put a jack under the motor to hold the bike up. Yes, kinda funky, but it worked. Kinda hard to put forks back into place by myself. You may want to get help. Good luck.

2014 Vstrom 650
post #8 of 8 Old 06-24-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Update: Successfully installed the Zeta barbacks in less than 20 minutes. Big difference in riding position. Much more upright. Cables were fine. No changes needed.

Two wheelz for realz!
post #9 of 8 Old 06-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Wanted to add to this thread, I've got risers advertised as 1" up 1.25" back and didn't need to reroute cables at all.

When I went to a new handlebar a bit later (keeping the risers) I did need to reroute the brake line and other cabling (easy with the fork tubes out/dropped down,) but didn't need to replace anything.

The exact risers I have aren't online anymore, but these from ebay are a pretty close match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode