Riser recommendation - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-13-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Riser recommendation

Hey all,

I have a pair of 2" Rox risers but am starting to feel like they may be a bit overkill (combined with the fact that they're just a little difficult to get on considering cable length).

I really only need the bars to come BACK (not up at all) about 1/2 to 1 inch. Which risers would you guys recommend for that?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-13-2018, 09:31 AM
Stromthusiast!

The Rox risers I put on my BMW were very adjustable.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage

post #4 of 14 Old 03-13-2018, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Any leads on which risers are specifically designed to bring the bars back, rather than up?

Dave
post #5 of 14 Old 03-14-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Giving this one a bump.

Anyone else have any thoughts on good risers to bring the bars back, rather than up? Just need an inch or less. Thanks!
post #6 of 14 Old 03-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I have not seen risers that go back only. IMHO, I would avoid this anyway since it would bring the bars straight toward the tank and limit future tank bag options.

Have you considered just changing the handle bars to a set with a greater sweep. Or even just rotating yours toward the rear. (This is free to try it out, just a little time spent loosening and tightening things.)

What I ride now:
2013 Honda GoldWing (The Lady)
2014 V-strom 650 (The Mistress)
Previously: 07 Ultra Classic, 95 Softail, 80 gs450l
post #7 of 14 Old 03-14-2018, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Those are good recommendations, @vinnyvavoom . I hadn't thought about changing the bar setup or stock bar alternatives. Will look into that now.

Thanks!
post #8 of 14 Old 03-14-2018, 09:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp80 View Post
I have a pair of 2" Rox risers but am starting to feel like they may be a bit overkill (combined with the fact that they're just a little difficult to get on considering cable length).
I want risers for my K7 but I don't want to deal with replacing cables either, especially the ABS line for the front brake because I dread bleeding my brakes again.

Quote:
I really only need the bars to come BACK (not up at all) about 1/2 to 1 inch. Which risers would you guys recommend for that?
I don't think there is a way to make a riser that only goes back not up so bar replacement seems to be the only option there.

I found these risers from Advanced Motorcycle Products that go up 1.25" and back 5/8" or 1". The back offset of 5/8" is the smallest shift I've found in a riser so maybe I won't have to mess with the brake line. I haven't pulled the trigger yet (other mods higher on my list) but if you use these let us know how it works out. Thanks.

Pink Floyd: And did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current: 2014 V-Strom DL650 ABS Red
Next Up: ?
Past: Suzuki: DL650AK7, GS400; Honda: CB125, Express 49cc
post #9 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Managed to get the 2" Rox Risers on this afternoon after raising the forks 12mm. I don't think I could have done it without that. Raising the forks took all of about 15 minutes once I knew how to do it (some good posts on this forum).

The throttle cable is a little tight at a full left turn but I don't think it's dangerously so. I just removed a few cables from their guides and I'm not totally sure that was even necessary.

Dave
post #10 of 14 Old 04-26-2018, 10:16 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I am looking at risers as well... but only for height. Any experience with the vibration dampening ones that Rox makes? What are some other options? Does anyone know the max height w/o changing cables?
ocoas likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode