Farkle disaster! - Page 5 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 Old 03-17-2018, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks, @blaustrom .

Outside of keeping things dry and cool down there, do you think the Sit & Fly cover adds extra comfort? It looks pretty thin and so I'm doubtful. I'm really looking for a bit more cushion as I'm planning on a long ride this summer.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 03-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp80 View Post
Thanks, @blaustrom .

Outside of keeping things dry and cool down there, do you think the Sit & Fly cover adds extra comfort? It looks pretty thin and so I'm doubtful. I'm really looking for a bit more cushion as I'm planning on a long ride this summer.

Thanks!
It certainly does! I can ride +10h with this cover on the stock seat. Last summer trip was 8k miles with everything from pouring rain, snow in the Rockies, 100* in Moab and most days long riding days. But I always wear riding underpants that give a little extra relieve. Without that cover I definitely would have bought a Saddleman. The Sit&Fly cost me just $15, so no big risk to try. If you try, cover the tank in the contact areas. The material is tough and will scratch painted surfaces!

Blau1 2004 DL650-sold
Blau2 2014 DL1000A
post #43 of 46 Old 03-17-2018, 01:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

I agree! the Sit&fly works very good. It increases comfort. Gives very good air circulation, adds a bit of seat height/width and looks pretty good to boot. Highly recommended!!!

Last edited by SpudBob; 03-18-2018 at 04:32 PM.

post #44 of 46 Old 03-18-2018, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the heads-up.

Am not a fan of the way the Sit & Fly looks but the fact that I own a newer model Vstrom is a testament to my tendency to prioritize function over form

@blaustrom : Before you were using the Sit & Fly, how long were you able to ride comfortably? Am curious how it compares to your 10 hour mark now.
post #45 of 46 Old 03-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

I did not even try! I was spoiled since I had a Saddleman on my WEE.

The V2 seat felt lumpy to me in the wrong spots. I already had the cover so on it went and I spent the $ 400 on other stuff after some extended test rides.

Blau1 2004 DL650-sold
Blau2 2014 DL1000A
post #46 of 46 Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Look forwad to giving it a shot, @blaustrom . At $25, it's worth a shot. I tried PM'ing the forum member here to seemed to be a distributor, but never heard back. Will look to Ebay.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode