Happy Trails Cente Stand with Touratech Skid Plate - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-13-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Happy Trails Cente Stand with Touratech Skid Plate

Does anyone know if the Happy Trails Center stand is compatible with the Touratech skid plate. I have the skid plate installed on my 2014 Wee and I have the Happy Trails stand on the bench waiting to install. I can see where the left side of the stand attaches but, for the life of me, I can't find the right side attachment points. A clear photo would be most helpful.

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Current stable: 2014 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited FLHTK (Rushmore), 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650, 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (Shaftie), 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050, 2003 Moto-Guzzi California EV 1100, 2002 BMW R1200C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Strom View Post
Does anyone know if the Happy Trails Center stand is compatible with the Touratech skid plate. I have the skid plate installed on my 2014 Wee and I have the Happy Trails stand on the bench waiting to install. I can see where the left side of the stand attaches but, for the life of me, I can't find the right side attachment points. A clear photo would be most helpful.

I take it you've seen the instructions/photos from the happy trails site and they don't help?

http://www.happy-trail.com/Instructions/HTP7-5-16.pdf

can't help with compatibility as I have the tourtech plate with sw motech stand. I am very happy with the tourtech plate. protection without weighing a ton/looks factory.

14 tooth for me
post #3 of 6 Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Make sure to get the recommended ball head allen wrench before you start. I actually struggled for 2 hours and managed to bolt it to the wrong holes. When i used the right holes it took 20 minutes. If it looks low and wrong , it is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2013 DL650
2003 Victory Touring Cruiser
1983 Seca 900
1980 XS 850 triple
1971 Dunstall Norton
1970 Triumph Trophy 500
1972 Honda Trail 90

post #4 of 6 Old 04-14-2015, 09:29 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhawg View Post
Make sure to get the recommended ball head allen wrench before you start. I actually struggled for 2 hours and managed to bolt it to the wrong holes. When i used the right holes it took 20 minutes. If it looks low and wrong , it is.
I had a similar allen bolt on my motech stand. It was hard to reach with the tools I had and I ended up substituting a hex head bolt.

14 tooth for me
post #5 of 6 Old 04-16-2015, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Latest News. Yes the Happy Trails center stand IS compatible with the Touratech bash plate AND I located the right side mounting holes. I got my center stand installed today in about an hour. Only problem I had was that I managed to cross thread the 8MM bolt on the right side. That would be the "horrible bolt" because of the contortions one must go through to get it snug. Fortunately I had an 8MM tap on hand and was able to clean up the threads. I used a piece of 2X4 lumber wedged between the stand and the rear tire to get the holes in better alignment and viola, there it is! Threaded in and tightened up. I used a ball tip socket on a 7" extension with a universal joint between the socket and the extension. Threading the whole thing between the exhaust and the brake rod got me in near perfect alignment. The ball tip and the universal took care of the difference. Works perfect. I love it.

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Current stable: 2014 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited FLHTK (Rushmore), 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650, 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (Shaftie), 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050, 2003 Moto-Guzzi California EV 1100, 2002 BMW R1200C.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

Hijack. I assume the SW center stand worked with the Tourtech skid plate.

can't help with compatibility as I have the tourtech plate with sw motech stand. I am very happy with the tourtech plate. protection without weighing a ton/looks factory.[/QUOTE]

Subject says it all.

Thanks,

Ben.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode