thoughts from a new owner - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-2015, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

thoughts from a new owner

Well I hit 400 miles today and thought I would offer the following I have found the wind protection pretty good for stock. I did not notice any wind buffeting for my 5 foot eight size. I like the mirrors they have a good view and are rock solid at Interstate speeds. Love the gages and being able to scroll through with the button on the left grip. The stock seat seems good to me. I have had to replace a lot of stock seats over the years. The windscreen seems to have some distortion but since I am looking over it, it is not a big deal. The ride is good over rough pavement except for very severe pot holes. I had rode the earlier model at bike week and noticed the new generation suspension is much stiffer in the front and the back. This was confirmed by a article in Rider Mag.

It is tall for a short guy like me but I am working on fixing that. All in all very happy with the new 2013 v strom 650 abs.:mrgreen:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome to the Vstrom club. Lots of info on this forum. Don't be afraid to jump in & ask away. You'll certainly receive many answers. What color? I've got the same year in blue. I'm lovin it,,, it's a great commuter bike.

2013 DL650
You are never lost,
just temporarily misplaced.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-11-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

color

It is the fast blue color!!

post #4 of 4 Old 04-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome, blackie74!!!

Enjoy that 2013 fast blue DL650....but don't get upset when my faster white 2013 comes by you in that curve!

I am like you....my bike is staying pretty much stock...the seat is not too bad at all...I use an AirHawk cushion for longer jaunts. I like the stock windscreen.... I like the wind...many of my bikes in the past had NO windscreens and that's the way I liked it. In fact, another member here is sending me his stock screen so I can cut it way down for a summer shield.

Handguards are nice for cooler weather/rainy days... so I have those, and my wife bought Suzi electric grips for me at Christmas and I definitely kept those since I ride all year round.

I did change foot pegs....the cheap rubber ones just weren't comfortable so I opted for some wider off-road style pegs. Excellent. Pricey, but a long term keeper. I'll get the name of them for you tomorrow.... most comfortable pegs I have ever had that allow you to move your feet around a LOT.

A Givi tank lock bag (15 liter, on the bike all the time) and a Bestem 44 liter trunk box (88 dollars, delivered), sees occasional use when I know I am hauling some 'stuff' back home. (I like the looks of the bike without a trunk).

No side cases for me.... I like to squeeze in between cars in front of me when necessitated by a driver behind me texting. (Makes for some interesting conversations at stoplights. I have an old but huge and very useable MotoFizz seat bag that will hold more than sidebags anyway if need be.

The stock mirrors are good and I have yet to want to change them. At 6'+ in boots/suit, I do not get any buffeting from them. Large, rock stable, useable. I'll spend dough on something else. ;-)

So just take your time on spending. It sounds to me you like most of what came on it, OEM, as I did. (Not many of us out there if you see what everyone around here has added). :yes nod: And feel free to a ask away for any questions you may have. The search feature just above in the middle works pretty well too.

Cheers!

Pat

......always looking for those fast blue DL650's to go out and play with! :biggrinjester:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

#64-> White V-Strom Group! :-)
Poopy head #2 here....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode