Givi (TN532) crash bars install/rattle - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-03-2015, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Givi (TN532) crash bars install/rattle

For those of you who installed the givi crash bars, did you fasten the connecting bolt all the way down to the point where the two ends pinch the spacer?

My two ends barely met in the first place so to tighten the bolt down to the point where the spacer is snug in between the two ends I feel would create a fair amount of warp on the metal? anyone have a solution to this (i.e rubber spacers or tightening it all the way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-03-2015, 10:57 AM
$tromtrooper

It should of come with two rubber o- rings that you put on either end of that spacer to eliminate the rattle. But on top of that, reef that baby down !

05 Vee, custom colour, Givi screen, PCIII, TRE, Tusk Panniers, Givi engine guards, custom foot pegs, gps shelf, Sargent seat
post #3 of 8 Old 04-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yep mine had a spacer or two as well that I inserted into the ends prior to tightening down.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

I started to install my Givi's today but couldn't even get the first two 8mm screws loose and had to stop after bending my Allen wrench. I sprayed them with WD40 and will try again tomorrow. Need a better Allen wrench though. Was your install hard?

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace" - John Lennon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense, a theft,
from those who hunger and are not fed, from those who are cold and not clothed" - Dwight D. Eisenhower
post #5 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I used a hex key ratchet set to for most of the install. should give you plenty of torque to remove things sans wd-40
post #6 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

yea there was no o-rings. I guess I'll have to go find some. thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StromStad View Post
yea there was no o-rings. I guess I'll have to go find some. thanks
The little o-rings just split and fall off anyway. Mine fell off probably 15000 miles ago. Never missed them.

And yeah, go to Harbor Freight and get a set of ratchet drivers. Those bolts are glued in there pretty good and you'll need the leverage.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Mine rattled from where the bolt joins the two halves. I had not tightened it down to enough to contact the metal spacer between the halves. Of course, I was running short on time to get to an appointment, half hour ride each way. I thought I was going to lose my frigging mind. Got home, tightened it up, and all is well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
givi crash bars , rattle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode