So, what do people think your Wee is ? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

So, what do people think your Wee is ?

Had my bike parked for our short 2 1/2 month NC winter. Tank full of non-alcohol gas mixed with stabil, and bike on battery tender. Got a good deal on a SW Motech skidplate, had a couple days of nice weather when I was actually off work and decided to instal the new skidplate. Got it on, hit the switch and my 12 Wee purred to life. The weather was so nice, I blew off the honeydoo's and went riding. What a great bike this is! Last year I put many more miles on my DR 650 than on the Wee and had about forgot about how nice this bike is.
So, first stop, local store for some grizzly, come out and see a scooter turn into the parking lot at the last minute, do a wide circle coming, fast, to a stop by my Wee. I thought the guy was going to hit it and grabbed the bars. Scooter guy goes "Oh, I thought that was a Buel", nope said I, Buel has smaller wheels, scooter guy then took off.
Then went riding, such a nice day, bike running good, no vibes or extra noise that I could tell from the new skidplate. Stopped to get a sanwhich at a Bojangles. Saw a KLR pull in off the main road and circle in towards the Strom. Stepped outside as the KLR guy was looking at my bike. "Oh thats a Suzuki, thought it was a BMW"
So what have people mistaken your Srom for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

If the cases are off....a sport bike. If the cases are on and the bike is loaded up....a BMW.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Only comments I get is that it's a "nice" bike. WTH are they thinking?! It's far more than "nice"!

2015 DL650A - Metallic Triton Blue

post #4 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

While remodeling our kitchen, the countertop installers saw my blue 2013 as they came through the garage. Stopped dead in their tracks, and then asked if they could take pictures with them and the bike. At first I thought they were talking about the Tiger 1050 but no, they were totally taken with the Strom. Go figure!
post #5 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

My wife thinks its my mistress.

"Dave"

If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Hard, because stupid hurts!
I no longer own a V Strom, but I'm still here because its the best bike forum going!
post #6 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

funny thing with this bike, most people don't even know what category it belongs in.

My best stories come from owning 2 Triumphs though. It never failed, someone had to come talk to you about their dad's cousin's brother's uncle used to have one or something of the sort. :mrgreen:
post #7 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I get "it's a BMW" from lots of folks. Had the guys at a bike shop tell me they didn't have anything for BMW's when they looked out the window at it as I walked in. Have no idea what was up with that? Even the Suzuki on the right engine case, or the S on the fuel tank and the side cases w/Suzuki embossed doesn't tip folks off.
post #8 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Was asked today if it was a Versys!
post #9 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

I had a guy on a Harley at a traffic light ask me "what the hell IS that thing?" i said cuisinart and rode away chuckling.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-17-2015, 10:14 PM
DRD
Stromthusiast!

i just love it when I park it next to the chromed out couches. The look on there face when people walk right past them to check out the what the heck is that?

DRD

2013 Blue DL650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode