Video camera mounting - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Video camera mounting

I finally got a good mount. I tried to mount it on the crash bars and on the frame sliders, neither worked. In fact the crash bars were so bad the video made me feel like I had my head in a paint shaker. The camera actually vibrated loose from its mount on the bars and I ended up videotaping my knee. The hand guards work great, no vibes and when not videoing all that remains is the base. I can reach the camera while under way and the video is clear and still with none of the bike in the shots. Used a ram diamond base with industrial 2 sided tape and SS 10/24 hardware. This won’t go anywhere. The camera is an ION Cool Cam HD recorder. Basic, waterproof, simple one switch operation. Very light and holds up to 7 hours of HD video on a 32 gig micro sd card. E Bay, 29.00 from NY camera. The SD card cost more than the camera.

"Dave"

If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Hard, because stupid hurts!
I no longer own a V Strom, but I'm still here because its the best bike forum going!

Last edited by DaveinNC; 03-09-2015 at 08:01 AM. Reason: sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Stromthusiast!

That's a very unique mounting location. Don't think I've seen a cam mounted in that location. Should provide a clear view of the road ahead in your videos.

I've had good luck with attaching my GoPro to the side of my helmet. I was concerned it might catch the wind and transmit more wind noise inside the helmet, but it doesn't. I like the fact that the video follows the direction my head is pointed, so if I see some cager doing something stupid, I'll have it on video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode