Nearing 300 km on Wee, me thinks.... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-25-2015, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Thumbs up Nearing 300 km on Wee, me thinks....

On my website I've got a what's up, down, upcoming on my wife's new Wee. They are damn straight, good little bikes...but you need arms like an orangutan! Do Suzuki designers have arms hanging to their knees, or what?:biggrinjester: Just like my Vee...just saying

[SIGPhttp://wildbillsgarage.com/IC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-25-2015, 01:45 AM
Stromthusiast!

I think that if you can sit on the bike with your feet flat on the ground the bike would probably fit perfectly. Alas I am a bit shorter in the legs and arms. still love the bike. I prefer to ride where I rarely have to stop.

13 DL650 Current ride
80 CX500D
77 XS360
78 XS750
76 CB360T
post #3 of 12 Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

At 6'3" tall and 225 pounds with a 36" inseam I think the Suzuki engineers are brilliant! Just because it's a 650 and nicknamed "Wee" doesn't mean it's a small bike. And THANK THE GODS!

Personally I think the Vee motor is too much. I love my DL-650 "BIG"-Strom!

Seriously, this is a bit of a touchy subject with me. There are TONS of bikes out there for 100 pound midgets (or females ) and there's Harleys for FAT people (or Americans ) and VERY FEW bikes for tall people.

Though I consider myself lucky that one of the few bikes that accommodates tall people is also one of the best bikes made... :beatnik:

post #4 of 12 Old 02-25-2015, 03:32 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS-LD View Post
At 6'3" tall and 225 pounds with a 36" inseam I think the Suzuki engineers are brilliant! Just because it's a 650 and nicknamed "Wee" doesn't mean it's a small bike. And THANK THE GODS!

Personally I think the Vee motor is too much. I love my DL-650 "BIG"-Strom!

Seriously, this is a bit of a touchy subject with me. There are TONS of bikes out there for 100 pound midgets (or females ) and there's Harleys for FAT people (or Americans ) and VERY FEW bikes for tall people.

Though I consider myself lucky that one of the few bikes that accommodates tall people is also one of the best bikes made... :beatnik:
Amen to that ! My 650 is the best bike I could find for a tall dude, was just a tad small stock, but after lowering the pegs, raising the bars and bolting highway bars to the bash plate, I am now riding in comfort. Love this bike and have since I bought her in '12, but gotta admit I am more than curious about the new vee.....

2012 DL650 Adventure
post #5 of 12 Old 02-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

I thought I wanted a FJ-09, until I sat on it. Way too small, feeling like so many others out there. My new 650 fits perfect. 6'2", 34"inseam here.

DL650AL4
post #6 of 12 Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS-LD View Post
I'm 5'7", 160 with a 29" inseam and I hate you.

2016 BMW R1200RS

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

2013 Suzuki DL650.. SOLD!

2017 Suzuki DL650 as soon as they hit the sales floor.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-26-2015, 03:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I'm 5'7", 160 with a 29" inseam and I hate you.
LOL, If I were you I would have kept my 2014 Sportster custom and LOVED IT!

15 DL-650 Metallic Triton Blue ABS
14 Vulcan 900 Classic
YouTube.com/PHOTOUNIVERSE
post #8 of 12 Old 02-26-2015, 03:14 AM
Stromthusiast!

I'm 6'4" and I find the Vee to be just a bit too low.

I have lowered the pegs and put on the Suzuki tall saddle and it's still a bit small.

I much prefer the saddle hight of my KTM 450 thumper.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-26-2015, 03:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbillsgarage View Post
On my website I've got a what's up, down, upcoming on my wife's new Wee. They are damn straight, good little bikes...but you need arms like an orangutan! Do Suzuki designers have arms hanging to their knees, or what?:biggrinjester: Just like my Vee...just saying
How tall is your wife?

Sounds to me like it's the wrong bike for her. The Wee is a darn big bike for a lady..... unless she's like Eglantine.... a lovely french girl I dated that was a delightful 6'2", but she rode horses not bikes.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-26-2015, 03:27 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbillsgarage View Post
They are damn straight, good little bikes...but you need arms like an orangutan! Do Suzuki designers have arms hanging to their knees, or what?
I don't know about arm length of the engineers, but IMO they don't take much care over hand, arm ergonomics. The stock bar is simply horrible IMO. A nasty twangy piece of metal with way to much sweep.... so swept back that it's more comfortable to grip with your forearms crossed.

I got rid of mine and put on a Flexx bar. Day and night difference.

If it were not for the crappy gear box and clutch basket I would like the Vee more and not be thinking about selling it every other day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
review , wee2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode