Happy Chappie - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2015, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Happy Chappie

Well i picked up my bike from the dealers , and set of to come home , they done a service 11,300 klm
But the good stuff was

2 new tyres anakee 3 , well i came home the long way and done 120klm They stick pretty well , , i was going slow but when i hit the last 60 klm of road i could'nt help myself ,It was 60 klm of twisty stuff the tyres were not slippy in anyway , felt like it was on rails , so Anakee 3 I'm happy just hpe they wear well .

3--- Now the good stuff , my biggest problem with the bike was wind noise , so i had them fit a givi airflow ,, well it is'nt a issue any more the wind noise has gone , and alls i can hear is .

4--- The 2 BROS EXHAUST ,, On idle its a deep rumble and i mean deep , on slow accelaration its very noticable and definetly a improvement on standard , BUT when you crack that throttle , Its freegin awsome . maybee just maybee i concede a little too loud , sat on 5000 revs it did get a little loud , but i soon learnt that i can control it with the throttle ,

I just did'nt want too , :biggrinjester: It all changed the bike completly a screen with no wind noise , a exhaust that sounds like a friggin jet plane going around the bends listenining to it roar , my mate was following me on his bonnie , i pulled over and whan leaving i said to him you lead , he said no way i'm loving the sound of that exhaust .

Now on a side note , i'm sure i got a bit more power , I dunno it could be just that it sounds more powerful , but i do think it picks up quicker ,

What i do know is i reset the trip metre when i left the dealer , and after about 15 klm scrolling through the trip things , i thought that my trip metre had broke it was on 3.8 , , and i knew i had done 15 klm ,, but when i went through it again it was fuel consuption at 3.8 .

Now to me that was unusual 4.4 has been the best i've ever got , , but sat on a straight road doing 80klm it was 3,8 i will say once i hit the twisty stuff it soon went back up to 4.4-4.8 .

Not really enough of a savings to worry about , but bit more power , bit better fuel consumption , are just a nice little bonus .

I've certainly made my mind up to keep this bike for a long time , 2 grand it cost me today and worth EVERY CENT , i'm a HAPPY CHAPPIE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Thumbs up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2013 DL650
2003 Victory Touring Cruiser
1983 Seca 900
1980 XS 850 triple
1971 Dunstall Norton
1970 Triumph Trophy 500
1972 Honda Trail 90
post #3 of 3 Old 01-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
hey Chappie, congrats and enjoy!

What I ride now:
2013 Honda GoldWing (The Lady)
2014 V-strom 650 (The Mistress)
Previously: 07 Ultra Classic, 95 Softail, 80 gs450l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode