urgent help needed!!! triple tree upper and lower - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

urgent help needed!!! triple tree upper and lower

Hi Folks- I was struck by a careless driver 2 weeks ago-I am ok but front end is not on my 2012 DL650a. local shop got a call from Suzuki stating upper trple and lower tree are backordered til after mid February. I am in need the upper and lower trees. Any help is appreciated on where i obtain this faster. Thanks for all your help in advance. I can be reached off list at [email protected] . I am in north florida. happy new year.
Gregg

2012 Wee 650 pearl white
GJ R-vus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Well, i just confirmed this with the whole United States parts warehouse Superstore/drop shippers and Suzuki North America as well. So there isn't much hope but wait a month.

2012 Wee 650 pearl white
GJ R-vus
post #3 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

If you were hit hard enough to need new triple trees, how sure are you that the headstock/frame isn't bent?

I would call it exceedingly rare for a bike with triple tree damage, and all the other damage that would go with it, would not be considered a total loss.

Which would solve your problem with getting parts. Get a check and find a new or used bike. Unless the person that hit you didn't have insurance and you don't have coverage for that either.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]

post #4 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Start calling motorcycle wrecking yards. Have the Suzuki names and part numbers ready...the steering stem and the bracket. How about the related parts--bearings and seals?
2012 Suzuki V-Strom (DL650A) STEERING STEM | MRCycles

I'm with Terry--how can this be damaged without much more leading to a total?

"Older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious will bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every period of their lives.

"Let each of use properly whatever strengths he has and strive to use them well. If he does this, he will never find himself lacking."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
44 B.C.
post #5 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
If you were hit hard enough to need new triple trees, how sure are you that the headstock/frame isn't bent?

I would call it exceedingly rare for a bike with triple tree damage, and all the other damage that would go with it, would not be considered a total loss.

Which would solve your problem with getting parts. Get a check and find a new or used bike. Unless the person that hit you didn't have insurance and you don't have coverage for that either.
I brought that up immediately to the shop and they assure there is no headstock/frame damage...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forf.jpg (73.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg wheel.jpg (73.3 KB, 91 views)

2012 Wee 650 pearl white
GJ R-vus
post #6 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Fork damage is not triple tree damage. Forks twisted around or slid in/out of the trees isn't triple tree damage, either.

The trees are cast, aren't they? So they'd more likely crack than bend? Are yours cracked?
post #7 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Surely the fork stanchions must also be bent? That is how it appears to me in your photo - I would be amazed to find upper/lower triple tree damage with the fork stanchions still straight and true.

Is there damage to the faring or did you only contact the car with your front wheel and remain upright? If so a very unusual collision and very unusual damage. Are you insured, or just trying to patch up your bike for minimal cost?

2010 Weestrom; 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X300; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100
post #8 of 16 Old 01-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

you can see the crack in the triple tree cross member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixsteve View Post
Fork damage is not triple tree damage. Forks twisted around or slid in/out of the trees isn't triple tree damage, either.

The trees are cast, aren't they? So they'd more likely crack than bend? Are yours cracked?
crack is obvious

Current Bike: 2007 ABS Wee, rebuilt forks with Cogent DDC, Elka rear shock, tapered roller steering stem bearings, fork brace, Admore top box lights, LED side-only turn indicator lights, Powerlet outlet, frame sliders, Givi windscreen, Givi top box.

Prior Bikes: 2003 EX250, 2007 DL650 (non-ABS)
post #9 of 16 Old 01-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

I got a set of handlebars off a L2 DL from fleabay. Dude had about 75% of a whole bike for sale.

2012 Suzuki DL650AL2, over 45k miles already!
post #10 of 16 Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_outdoors View Post
crack is obvious
Where? I see the brake line between the fork tubes, and I see the gap in the clamping area. Not seeing any crack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode