Front fork lift - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Front fork lift

I need to pick your brains about a front fork lift. I was going to get this Venom front fork lift from KapscoMoto Venom Motorcycle Front Fork Wheel Lift Stand Paddock Stands But I noticed that the 2014 VStrom 650 front down tubes are not the same height from the ground. The left side is 5/8" lower because of the axle locking bolt. Will that make a difference when lifting the bike? Has anyone had problems lifting their VStrom's because of this? Or am I making a big deal out of 5/8"? Another question I have is: will these front Fork Paddock lift stand attachments work in the Venom rear spool lift stand? (Which I already have) Fork Paddock Lift Stand Attachments for Front Motorcycle Lift Stands Has anyone tried that combo? I hope this is the correct forum to ask these questions. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

The front stand works (I have both). I don't believe the rear stand can be modified to work on the front - besides, it is not safe to lift the front using the fork lift stand without having the rear stand in place first, or, putting the bike on the center stand first.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrax View Post
I need to pick your brains about a front fork lift. I was going to get this Venom front fork lift from KapscoMoto Venom Motorcycle Front Fork Wheel Lift Stand Paddock Stands But I noticed that the 2014 VStrom 650 front down tubes are not the same height from the ground. The left side is 5/8" lower because of the axle locking bolt. Will that make a difference when lifting the bike? Has anyone had problems lifting their VStrom's because of this? Or am I making a big deal out of 5/8"? Another question I have is: will these front Fork Paddock lift stand attachments work in the Venom rear spool lift stand? (Which I already have) Fork Paddock Lift Stand Attachments for Front Motorcycle Lift Stands Has anyone tried that combo? I hope this is the correct forum to ask these questions. Thanks guys

A triple tree lift is more useful for the front. That way you can take the forks off if need be. More secure also.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13

post #4 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

I looked at the triple tree lift but there is a brake line right in front of the hole under the cowling. You would have to remove the line's bracket & nudge it out of the way 1st, making that more work plus I don't think the TT lift will reach the hole w/o hitting the cowling.

Last edited by Dantrax; 12-29-2014 at 07:35 PM.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchood View Post
The front stand works (I have both). I don't believe the rear stand can be modified to work on the front - besides, it is not safe to lift the front using the fork lift stand without having the rear stand in place first, or, putting the bike on the center stand first.
I have both a center & rear spool lift stand. I was wondering if I could cheep out with front paddocks only plus save the storage space of 2 lift stands.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrax View Post
I looked at the triple tree lift but there is a brake line right in front of the hole under the cowling. You would have to remove the line's bracket & nudge in out of the way 1st, making that more work plus I don't think the TT lift will reach the hole w/o hitting the cowling.

I bought a SV Racing stem lift. It came with a longer pin so no problems with the brake line. The stand doesn't hit the cowling you do have to be careful getting it in and out.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
post #7 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Spec,
Does it lift the bike high enough so the wheel pass under the front of the fender?
post #8 of 17 Old 12-29-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Kapscomoto said the front paddocks had a smaller diameter shaft than the rear spool bracket shafts. Their salesman said I could tighten the rear lift bolts to take up the slack in the hole. Now that's what I call some good customer service. I'm going to sleep on it & see what to do tomorrow. Thanks SPEC those SV racing team TT lifts look pretty good even though they cost more. Thanks wchood for the front lift info.

Last edited by Dantrax; 12-29-2014 at 07:37 PM.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Just a warning for front paddock lifts. The Venom front paddock lift will not work with the glee '14 dl650. There is a bolt for the speed sensor on the right tube & the left tube is lower due to the axle locking bolt. Also the lift is NOT big enough to lift the front wheel. So save $40 & try some thing other than a Venom paddock lift. I'm not sure any paddock lift is right for this bike. I noticed that the fork tube ends have round holes at the very bottom so I think Suzuki must make an OEM lift for the front of the V-Strom. I'll have to check around, now I have this barely used front lift for sale.

Last edited by Dantrax; 01-26-2015 at 06:53 PM.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

Good old center stand solves everything...

2016 Honda Africa Twin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode