Galfer brake lines - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-27-2014, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Galfer brake lines

I have use a 3.5 inch Rox risers on my 32013 ABS equipped bike bike. I ordered 2" longer brakes lines from SVracing. The kit arrived today and I am not sure that it is the correct one for a ABS bike.

The Kit is FK003DSV4. Has anyone used this kit?

I have tried to contact Blair via the SVracing website but the "contact us" page is not functioning. It has a math question to beat robots that does not work .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

I bought the kit that was for +2" risers as well. Can't remember the part number and tried to put one in sv's checkout but it didn't show the part #. I'll see if I can't find a receipt. If you have the +2" kit it will be plenty long enough for 3.5 rox risers. I have the sw 1.5 up 1.5 back risers and Protaper atv mid bars and there is lots of room with the upper hose to go higher
post #3 of 5 Old 05-28-2014, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Not Fragile.

I managed to get a Gmail mesage through to Blair, but of course he is probably asleep at present.

I see you are in B.C. What a lovely area! I could easily be persuaded to live there. I love snow skiing and the scenery is stunning there. Our closest ski field to my home is 7 hours by road. Our snow is more ice and the runs are all short by comparison to B.C.'s

What is the name of the ski field across the bay from Vancouver? We went over there on a ferry and bus for sight seeing one evening.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

hey xrman, yup its a pretty great place. I'm a huge skier as well...since I was 5.
You may be talking about Grouse mountain or Cypress mountain, 2 local hills. Whistker Blackcomb are the big ones about an hour and a half away...but I prefer the interior BC mountains such as Sunpeaks and Powder King.
re the brake kit All my online receipt says is
Galfer DL650 abs Black SS Front Brake Lines Kit for 2012 and Newer DL650 abs with Risers - SS Line Color: Black; CT Single Banj
the packaging has long since been tossed but I managed to find the installation instructions that came with the kit and it is labelled

FK003D772-3

so different from yours....?
post #5 of 5 Old 05-29-2014, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Different

Yes I think they sent the wrong one. No big deal. I am sure they will sort it out in time.

Skiing in BC was fun. Went went to Kelowna and visited Big WHite, Silver Star and Apex mountains. Later we visited Fernie, Banff and Kicking Horse. We visited Sunpeaks too. As we improved ( started skiing at 45) we tackled the bigger slopes. Dirt bike riding skills came in handy when bouncing off berms and rails.

We ski Japan now. It is closer to OZ and cheaper and the snow is SOFT!!!!
I have had two years off after breaking a leg in a dirt bike accident. I want to get back into it this year at a local hill to see if I can still ski. If you can ski in OZ you can ski anywhere.

I recall some Canadians going back inside on what they called an icy day. it was crunchy underfoot but nothing like the sheets of blue ice we hone our skills on.

Thanks for your input on my posting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode