Tank Bag re purpose - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Tank Bag re purpose

So I found a new use for my tank bag. I have it held on with 4 small bungie cords for now. I'm in the planning stages of some sort of mount. It's actually holding very well as is. I just took it out for a 40 mile run this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000327.jpg (91.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000328.jpg (89.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000329.jpg (87.5 KB, 64 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Are you going to re-use it as a tank bag? I took my old Luggage Locker "Tank Locker" bag and remounted it using the Cortech Dryver tank ring, because it was the cheapest. Any tank bag could be mounted such by simply sandwiching the bottom with some thin HDPE or PVC and then mounting some brand of tank ring to it. Fairly easy and not too expensive. That is basically what the Bags Connection and possibly Givi bags are set up like, but they make you pay for it.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

[QUOTE=John V Strom, Jr.;2277282]Are you going to re-use it as a tank bag? I took my old Luggage Locker "Tank Locker" bag and remounted it using the Cortech Dryver tank ring, because it was the cheapest. Any tank bag could be mounted such by simply sandwiching the bottom with some thin HDPE or PVC and then mounting some brand of tank ring to it. Fairly easy and not too expensive. That is basically what the Bags Connection and possibly Givi bags are set up like, but they make you pay for it.[/QUOTE

No I will not be using it as a tank bag. The base piece with the magnets in it has zippers so it can separate from the bag. I'm planning to somehow mount that to the rear rack so I can easily remove the bag via the zippers till I spen the extra coin on a Givi or such!

post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

Shaggy - Try to sandwich the base mount between 2 pcs of thin aluminum flat bar.... remove the rubber pad on the back rack of the bike (it just pulls up and out of the rack) and use the empty holes to bolt thru with 1/4 or 5/16 bolts and nuts. Then you can just zip the bag on and off. Just a thought

Craig

2002 DL1000 K2
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwright98 View Post
Shaggy - Try to sandwich the base mount between 2 pcs of thin aluminum flat bar.... remove the rubber pad on the back rack of the bike (it just pulls up and out of the rack) and use the empty holes to bolt thru with 1/4 or 5/16 bolts and nuts. Then you can just zip the bag on and off. Just a thought

Craig
That's an excellent Idea! The way I was thinking for sure. I'll have to look around and see what I have that I can use. I really like the way it looks back there. It will definitely get me through for awhile.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Aside from me dropping the bike and breaking the heat shield I love this bike!
post #7 of 7 Old 05-25-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

And the bag is working great just bungied down for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode