Givi Crash Bar Bags - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Givi Crash Bar Bags

After seeing a couple threads on crash bar bags, I decided to contact Robert at BlackiBags to see if he was interested in making a set for Givi bars. He was more than willing, but since he didnít have a V-Strom with Givi bars available, I helped him with the process. We went through a couple iterations of exchanging measurements and pictures with templates, to a set of bags arriving at my door a few weeks later.

Robert was great to work with, and I think the bags are of great quality. Waterproof zippers and the reflective piping are a couple things I really like about the bags.

Theyíre not huge, but then again, I really donít want big bags up there to start with. These are just enough for a few odds & ends, like my Frogg Toggs, overgloves, my half cover, etc. I donít plan to put anything heavy or breakable in there, but itís a nice to have a place for a few things that take up space that Iím not real concerned about in the event of a fall, etc.

I had the bags on the bars for my commute to work, and didn't even notice them. I think they're low enough that they shouldn't be a factor for buffeting, but as always, YMMV. And although I don't have highway pegs, from what I can tell, they shouldn't get in the way of these either.

Overall I give Robert on these bags.

The bags arrived in a professionally done package:

Keep in mind that the bags I took pictures of here are completely empty - I should have stuffed a few things in them before taking pictures, so they would ďfill outĒ a little better.

Also, I already realize that the big, vacant space on the side is perfect for a Stromtrooper patch. :thumbsup:

Besides being very useful and effective, I think the reflective piping really looks great on my bike, also matches the reflective rim tape. I've gone over the bars once before (on another bike), so these little things to help cagers see you are a nice feature.

There has been some discussion of whether the bags will allow sufficient airflow from the radiator, and personally I donít think there will be any issue with this at all.

richlandrick likes this.

Last edited by zekester63; 05-20-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-19-2014, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Another thing I forgot to mention, is that one other thing I like (and appreciate) about the bags is that they don't have some huge (annoying) logo printed across them. I don't buy gear as advertisements. A logo or something small is fine, but some vendors get carried away, IMO.
post #3 of 17 Old 05-19-2014, 01:12 PM
$tromtrooper

I want some........for SW-Motech Bars on a 2008 Wee. Can he make this happen......does he need a donor bike to measure or ?????? Maybe get a Group Buy if we can get a dozen Buyers??
Thanks for posting!!

www.easternvstromrally.com
Over 100 Attendees at the May 2019......already planning it for 2020!!

post #4 of 17 Old 05-19-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
I want some........for SW-Motech Bars on a 2008 Wee. Can he make this happen......does he need a donor bike to measure or ?????? Maybe get a Group Buy if we can get a dozen Buyers??
Thanks for posting!!
I'm pretty sure you can order a set. You might check out this thread that discusses exactly those bars. I don't know how much difference there is between those bars on the Wee vs Wee2.

Also, as a heads-up, he told me he's going riding for a few days now, so he might be out of pocket over the holiday weekend.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Nice looking bags.

Per mgmt, I think I'm allowed to answer direct questions, but not advertise in any way, until I become a sponsor. Perhaps I can soon. I can confirm I made them, I think.

I just got back from a true adventure weekend. Weather was dicey at best for the first night. If you can forgive the orange injection, I'll post a picture.

Here's to a well equipped bike.
post #6 of 17 Old 05-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just confirm those are the older Givi crash bars, TN532? Not the newer crash bars, TN3101?

And did you just send in measurements to get them made?

The bags look great and it is always nice to have some more storage.

Thank you.
post #7 of 17 Old 05-20-2014, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor View Post
Just confirm those are the older Givi crash bars, TN532? Not the newer crash bars, TN3101?

And did you just send in measurements to get them made?

The bags look great and it is always nice to have some more storage.

Thank you.

Yes, these are the TN532 bars. But from what I've seen, the newer 3101s are similar except for an additional support bar, and these bags don't go down into that area.

Robert has the templates now for these, so I think you could just contact him on his website to inquire about placing an order.
post #8 of 17 Old 05-21-2014, 04:42 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
We had some bags made by Blacki bags for our bikes and are totally happy with them.
They are well made and look great, had a lot of interest in them at our recent annual gathering.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2...lackibags.html

Cheers Vman

2014 DL1000A 2014 -
2012 DL650L2 2013 - 2014
2007 DL1000 "Bowser" 2009 - 2013

post #9 of 17 Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just what I've been waiting for, I was hoping he'd make a set for the Givi's.

PM sent...

'12 DL650A VStrom
post #10 of 17 Old 03-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

I used some old bicycle frame bags I had lying around. You can find them on Amazon for about 8 bucks and they held up well on the interstate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode