Homemade Tank Chap
Pouring down rain here in NC, so I decided to make a quickie one day project. I bought a piece of magnetic sheet from a surplus catalog about 6 months ago (I think it was American Science and Surplus, but I don't remember for sure); it's the kind of thing they make magnetic dry erase boards from. I found a photo on line of a commercial tank chap, and used editing software to stretch and manipulate it so it would fit on the V-Strom tank. I used this as a template to cut out the tank chap from the magnetic sheet; it cuts easily with scissors and an Xacto knife. I then roughed up the white dry erase surface of the tank chap, and sprayed it with truck bed liner. Once it dried, I wiped down the magnetic side thoroughly to make sure there was no grit that would scratch the paint, and put the chap on the tank. I like the texture of it, and think it looks pretty decent. The piece of dry erase board was 5 dollars; I think they sell the same sort of thing at office supply stores.
"No matter where you go, there you are."