Off road footpeg options for G-Strom? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 05-10-2014, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Off road footpeg options for G-Strom?

Hey Guys,

I did a bit of riding last week off road and fell off the stock pegs a couple times when things got a bit sideways. So, I'm interested in some beefier pegs but don't want to go the Pivot Pegs price range. Do the KLR650 pegs fit on the G-Strom? What about DR650? Any other medium to low price suggestions are welcome.

[URL="https://www.stromtrooper.com/ride-reports-route-sheets/211578-california-idaho-lolo-motorway-magruder.html"]California to Idaho Adventure style[/URL]
[URL=http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478959]Taking America by Strom 2015[/URL]

-----------------------
Timing is everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Good question, I'd like to know the same thing. Slick, rubber covered footpegs aren't my favorite even on road-I'd like something longer, wider and with some "bite".
post #3 of 22 Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

I don't have any personal experience with either of these, but here are a couple I've come across.

SW-MOTECH On-Road / Off-Road Footpegs For Aprilia SL750 Shiver '07-'13, BMW F800R '09-'13, F800GT '13-'14, & Suzuki DL650 V-Strom '04-'14 - TwistedThrottle.com

Suzuki V-Strom DL650 Long Distance Footpegs - Touratech-USA

-Gary
2014 V-Strom 1000 - Desert Khaki
2016 GSX-S1000FA
2012 DR650SE
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 V-Strom 650 - sold

post #4 of 22 Old 05-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

Did you try taking the rubber inserts out of the stock pegs?
post #5 of 22 Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Good question, I'd like to know the same thing. Slick, rubber covered footpegs aren't my favorite even on road-I'd like something longer, wider and with some "bite".
Likewise for me, although I have often wondered about Pivot Pegs and if they feel at all skittish not being fixed.

I hope that Tydive won't mind me trying to extend his thread to include opinions from those that have them fitted.

2010 Weestrom; 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X300; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100
post #6 of 22 Old 05-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have Pivot Pegz on my DRZ, and they work great. They really don't provide all that much movement, maybe 15 degrees up or down. I don't even notice anymore, the movement just feels natural.
post #7 of 22 Old 05-11-2014, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarChamp View Post
Did you try taking the rubber inserts out of the stock pegs?
No. I'll try that next week.

No worries Brockie, we could use as much peg info as possible around here.

[URL="https://www.stromtrooper.com/ride-reports-route-sheets/211578-california-idaho-lolo-motorway-magruder.html"]California to Idaho Adventure style[/URL]
[URL=http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478959]Taking America by Strom 2015[/URL]

-----------------------
Timing is everything.
post #8 of 22 Old 05-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

I know the original poster was not interested in pivot pegz. But another user was so I will pipe in.

Put pivet pegz on a whole back and have loved every minute of them. They don't have a lot of movement. But enough that you can still get your foot under the shifter... Being a wider peg and all. I have never slipped of these babies. That being said. I have noticed that they are chewing though the sole on my left boot quite quickly...

I would out them on again in a heart beat!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

'12 650 ADV in White: Oxford heated grips, 12v socket x2, BarkBuster Storms, Pivot Pegz, OEM Aluminum cases and top box, OEM crashbars,
post #9 of 22 Old 05-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydive View Post
Hey Guys,

I did a bit of riding last week off road and fell off the stock pegs a couple times when things got a bit sideways. So, I'm interested in some beefier pegs but don't want to go the Pivot Pegs price range. Do the KLR650 pegs fit on the G-Strom? What about DR650? Any other medium to low price suggestions are welcome.
Yes, I have eBay KLR 650 pegs on mine.

They are actually on their second DL, probably around 150,000k's on them in total , so, pretty good.
Pete
post #10 of 22 Old 05-11-2014, 07:03 AM
$tromtrooper

had KLR 650 peg - it was on an strange angle for me - yes i checked, installed correctly - but otherwise best $$$

other wide platform peg - all good except for getting your boots under the shifter, especially you wear size 9+ (US). the leading edge also dig into the sole of my boots make them wear out very quick.

Pivot Pegs - strange feeling for the first 2 hours, then i dont even think about it now - getting under the shifter is much easier - the benefit is really noticeable while standing but sitting down you benefit from wider platform and getting your feet under the shifter. Plus the angle cut of the peg, you will never scrape the peg while you can with KLR and SW motech.

L2 Glee;

K8 Wee ABS(SOLD);

SOLD: 06 FZ1; 04 Fireblade; 02 Fireblade; 97 CBR 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode