Scott steering damper + bar risers issue - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Scott steering damper + bar risers issue

I have spent today in my shed sheltering from a autumn/fall storm and playing with my bike. The first blast of winter! We don't get snow in this region but it felt cold enough for it today.

I successfully fitted my Eastern Beaver electrical bits ( fuse block/ABS cut out/ HD4 headlights) plus hooking up USB , 12V plug and heated grips.

I started trying to fit the Scott steering damper and ran into a problem. The Powermadd (Procycles) risers lower clamp and the Scott Damper upper clamp holes don't line up!

No doubt someone on this forum has come across this issue and found a bar riser ( 2 inch) that marries well with a Scott clamp. The Scott product has 1003543 inscibed on it if that helps. Suggestions???

Sorry I noticed an error in my typing in the title. I kan spall I jest kant type!!! Barely (joke)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrman View Post
I have spent today in my shed sheltering from a autumn/fall storm and playing with my bike. The first blast of winter! We don't get snow in this region but it felt cold enough for it today.

I successfully fitted my Eastern Beaver electrical bits ( fuse block/ABS cut out/ HD4 headlights) plus hooking up USB , 12V plug and heated grips.

I started trying to fit the Scott steering damper and ran into a problem. The Powermadd (Procycles) risers lower clamp and the Scott Damper upper clamp holes don't line up!

No doubt someone on this forum has come across this issue and found a bar riser ( 2 inch) that marries well with a Scott clamp. The Scott product has 1003543 inscibed on it if that helps. Suggestions???

Sorry I noticed an error in my typing in the title. I kan spall I jest kant type!!! Barely (joke)

There is a post where greywolf explains that the dampener requires modifications to work on at 2012+. I will try to find it.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

See this thread and the threads greywolf links: https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2...tabilizer.html

post #4 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks

Well I am still not sure about which brand of riser is compatable with the Scott damper. One of the posters wrote that his risers didn't work and another claimed his did. Unfortunately neither stated which product they used.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 AM
$tromtrooper

You can try pro taper atv hi to see if it meets your ergo requirements. If not then,

Rox pivot riser 3.5 inch and a bar which suits overall "rise requirement". Essentially u need about 2.75 inch to clear the damper. But noone makes a 3 inch riser for 22mm bar. You are most likely to need a long brake cable and would need adjustment to electrical cable, clutch cable routing, and throttle cable manifold end adjustment....

I did that with my k8 wee and about to do with my glee soon.... Google scot steering damper and rox riser in vsri... On iPhone too hard to post link

L2 Glee;

K8 Wee ABS(SOLD);

SOLD: 06 FZ1; 04 Fireblade; 02 Fireblade; 97 CBR 600
post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 08:41 AM
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT

Garage
rox risers with Pro-tapper and Scotts Steering Stabilizer?
Scotts Steering Damper OK with 3.5inch ROX riser
Clearing Scott's damper with Rox risers on 2006 1000

Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. I didn't quite make it to 17,000 miles on the 2012 DL650A.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 DL1000s. Vee2=2014-2016 DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 DL650s. Glee = 2012-2016 DL650s
See https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-...nicknames.html

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at https://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks again GW

OK I have it now, thanks again Grey Wolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode